Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys , I have a 2022 CLA 45s with 2.2k miles right now and since ownership I have heard this slight rattle/ high frequency pitched noise/vibration on the right side of the bonnet when idle or applying low revs while driving. Can only be heard without music and have to have a window open/sunroof tilt etc. The engine is perfectly fine in terms of performance etc. I wanted to know if this is normal or this could be a faulty part? It's a very light rattle when engine is running or being driven. It's not there when I apply full throttle however.

Here's a link for a video example: CLA 45s ratte

(happens when engine is warm too, engine is cold in this vid btw)
(Pay attention to when camera faces the window and turn volume up listen carefully so it could be heard. End of the video is a door closing so ignore that)

Thanks for helping.

·
Administrator
5,237 Posts
A few other A45s owners have also reported this, see:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A few other A45s owners have also reported this, see:
Hi, I don't quite believe this is the sound I am hearing but thank you. I think what I am hearing is normal for a small engine to be very revvy.

·
Super Moderator
5,648 Posts
I get the sound on cold start up as in the link @veeeight has posted. As you are getting it also when warm I would get it checked out at some point but doubt its anything to worry about.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts