Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On order and due to collect on 1 Sept. Anything in particular I should be on alert for or raise with dealer before or at collection?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Welcome to the forum, visit often, look around, contribute when you are able & of course make friends.:)

I'm sure that someone will soon respond & answer your question

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
On order and due to collect on 1 Sept. Anything in particular I should be on alert for or raise with dealer before or at collection?
They should/will ask you about Stargard protection as well as even more expensive options. I went for the MB Stargard and while I have low mileage it seems to show up the paint lustre after a clean. Negotiate on the price. I can't remember for sure but I think I got around £70 off.

You will also be asked about a service plan. I think it's worth getting and there is 20% off at present until 1/9/20 if you pay your premiums up front. Either way whether you get the 20% off or not you should consider it and the number of years. I have gone for 3 years upfront.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Congrats on the order @Weegie and welcome. It's worth asking the dealer to install all the up-to-date software. Theoretically it should come with the latest updates from factory, but you never know. Also, it seems quite a few W177 models develop a rattle with the interior B pillar trims within a few weeks - mine did, and to be honest this has been the only irritating rattle my car has had. So you could ask the dealer to pad out these trims with felt during the PDI as a preemptive measure. Not sure they will oblige, but you could still ask...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts