Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My airco (W176 A180CDI 2013) has a bad smell problem, most likely caused by a dirty evaporator. I'd like to clean it using one of those foam-based desinfectant sprays that you're supposed to spray onto the evaporator. I understand that in the W176, the evaporator can be reached by removing the cabin filter and sticking the hose of the spray can into the opening. However, it's impossible to see the evaporator directly from this opening, so this procedure seems like a literal shot in the dark. I'm looking for some W176-specific advise. Has anyone here done this? I also remember seeing a technical drawing somewhere online of the complete A/C installation of the W176, which shows the filter opening and the shape of the space housing the evaporator behind this opening. Unfortunately I can't find this drawing anymore. Maybe a long shot but perhaps anyone here has this drawing. All help appreciated!

·
Registered
116 Posts
It should work like you described. I would only put the fan working in a moderate speed, to ensure the product is spread into the evaporator. I used a Liqui Molly once in a Volvo, problem solved for the additional 8 years I had the car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I used Halfords once for a prev car -BMW - they checked system, pressures, fans- ran the car using a spray and rechecked-sorted. Reasonable cost. Seemed sensible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts