Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Just ordered a Engineered and have noticed this does not come with a luxury climate control. Infact in order to have climate control it is an extra £530.

I currently have a Scirocco and this has the climate control which is nice to have.

The question is does anybody think it is worth the extra £530?

Who ever owns a Engineered what do you think about the climate settings? does it look to plasticy /toyish (if that makes sence lol) Or would you guysrecommend to upgrade to the luxury Climate control?

Thanks

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi Majad, I have an engineered and went for the lux climate... expensive option but in my opinion it is much better to have the option for the dual zone & auto settings etc, the audi I had previously has this air con spec standard so couldn't really go back a step..

Merc really should just make the lux option standard.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have a AMG sport with no Lux climate control and I find that I am constantly having to adjust the temperature to maintain a pleasant ambient cabin. I also have the Pano roof and I think this adds to the problem as when the sun shines the interior warms and vice-versa. Also I find the heating controls to be distant and low and rather awkward to access so I feel that given the option of the Lux it should seriously be considered.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am tempted by adding this extra in but at the same time I don't want to be spending more moneyas my previous car is only 6 months old which is a Scirocco so by selling this car early I am losing out alot already...

hmmm what to do

·
Registered
629 Posts
I opted for the Luxury Climate. If you intend keeping the car a while its a worthwhile, if expensive option. I had it on my last Merc and found it very good at keeping the temp constant with the bonus that it is dual zone.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I spend half my time driving around in my Golf with my side of the car at a totally different temperature from my wife. I'm struggling to see how I can justify spending over £500 on a temp controller that's a standard option with most other cars though.
Fingers crossed it'll be standard issue on the A45, as I'd rather spend my £500 on something exciting!!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Considering what outstanding value the A45 already is, I can't imagine it will get anything included that isn't on the 'Engineered' but who knows.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have had my engineered a week...and I am not enjoying fiddling with the buttons, knobs for the climate control, but I love, love,love the car!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Ive not ordered LUX. Too late for me anyway as mines getting built, allegedly. Never had dual zone so wont miss what ive never had besides, its no great hassle to move a button every now and then!

·
Registered
61 Posts
mon2s said:
Considering what outstanding value the A45 already is, I can't imagine it will get anything included that isn't on the 'Engineered' but who knows.
MB are trying to pitch this car against the Audi RS3, BMW 135 and MK7 Golf R - all of which have dual zone CC as standard. Time will tell!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Over here almost all cars comes with Thermotronic (option 581) since its baked into the "businesspackage" that almost everyone has

Scandinavian business package contains:

280 Leatehr steering wheel
U62 light & sight pack
440 TEMPOMAT
P27 Style Line ( = UKs "SE")
581 THERMOTRONIC

Adds 10000SEK ( aprox 1000 GBP) on the price tag

Edited by: The Swedish Guy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts