Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to confirm my order next week do colour decision looms: here are my choices with reasons:

Silver - initially wanted as a classic Mercedes colour and really like the look of it in the current Tv advert but is it a bit boring?

Mountain Grey - would be my first choice, I have seen it in the flesh but I have an Audi in Daytona Grey and seems again a bit boring to have two cars in same colour.

Blue - not seen it in the flesh but it looks great in the videos on You Tube and I have seen photos online of it at a mercedes garage (rather than the manipulated image in the configurator). However is it a bit girly?

White - again seen it In the flesh and with the black trim night package it looks very cool but white cars - they are they a bit trendy and now and look at me?

All opinions welcome.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I think the silver colour show more of the car's contour line especially when the sun light hits the car. At different angles you candefinitelysee the car's sportiness. So probably my preferred colour will be that colour.

What about red? I've seen a few pictures in that colour and it seem pretty nice but I just scared the red will fade into a lighter red in a few years time.

So do you know when your expecteddeliverydate is?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jyu

You make a very good point. I really like the way the silver looks a different colour depending on what light its viewed from and I also like the way it contrasts with the black gloss of the panoramic sunroof and privacy glass that I am specifying. And of course silver is the easiest maintenance wise

I did consider red and when I was looking at the new BMW 1 series and the Audi A3 I was going to get red in both of those because it was a really bright, sporty and dynamic red but I have seen the red Mercedes use on a different model they have in our local showroom and it looks a bit darker and flatter (more of a red wine colour) and felt therefore IMHO felt it did not go with the cars sporty design.

Will find out expected delivery date when I confirm order on Friday but am being told likely February 2013.

Incidentally I had a wobble over the weekend as some new reviews have come out recently as the British press receive test cars in the UK and they are all pretty critical of its ride, handling and interior quality with What Car being particularly critical giving 2 stars out of 5! I know you have to make your own mind up but I definitely want to take it for a thorough test drive again before confirming my order. Im slightly concerned that these negative reviews will affect residual values in the future. Most of the reviewers put it behind the A3, 1 series and golf in group comparisons.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I realised the red is little darker and flatter than other car maker's red and also their cirrus white is not a absolute white but a light cream white. I saw one when I was in Birmingham Bullring it was lovely but I felt it wasn't white, white if you compare it to a BWM white.

Wow February time :S I probably need to pop down to my local dealer to get mine ordered haha

Well I don't looked at car reviews that much sometime, I feel they are bias to the make they like or the type of cars because it been out for so long etc. Like Steve Fowler from Autoexpress when he did the review for the new A Class he seem totally hated the A Class saying like the parcel shelf was in the way and you can't get into the back etc but if you go and see the new golf review he did the parcel shelf is the same as the A Class. But what did he do instead? he took it off and said howbrilliantit was as they have a under compartment for it etc. But then I don't think the negative have that much on the residual values besides theres a lot of safety features that the A Class has that BMW or Audi don't have as standard. Umm who know..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ordered mine last Saturday, no build date given yet but 'not before March'. OK by me - new reg plate. I have to make a choice on colour this week sometime. After looking at the full list was not too impressed by any of themetallic's (silver's nice but just coming off a silver Golf GTD)- the only one that was a possibility was the Ocean Blue (think that's the name). It was the colour I test drove and did look pretty good. However as non of themetallic'swere jumping out at me I decided to spend themetallicoption money on a PanoramicRoof and therefore am left with red or white, both of which on the Merc Configurator look good.
IMHO if you are having the Night Pack as an option the white just gets my vote - maybe do as I did and use the metallic money towards an additional option/pack?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts