Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I live in Turkey. My AMG A45S doesn't recognize some of the common voice commands that youtubers mostly use in their videos, such as opening the sunroof, asking for a joke, and a couple of more. What do you think I should do? Is there any way to update the software, is it a local problem that Mercedes Benz decided not to include? Funny and exhausting situation. I will go to my sales guy, but I know that will take forever to contact MB... Have any of you guys came across such a problem?

Thanks...

·
Super Moderator
3,529 Posts
I haven't asked it to tell a joke but I have seen a video where it says it's German and doesn't know any.

On the general point of language for interaction I think there are some issues as clearly German is the benchmark language which has then been translated literally into English. So for navigation, we have to request "route guidance" whereas the English might be start sat nav or directions to X. There are some language issues but generally it's not been too difficult to work out the right words to use.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi,
I live in Turkey. My AMG A45S doesn't recognize some of the common voice commands that youtubers mostly use in their videos, such as opening the sunroof, asking for a joke, and a couple of more. What do you think I should do? Is there any way to update the software, is it a local problem that Mercedes Benz decided not to include? Funny and exhausting situation. I will go to my sales guy, but I know that will take forever to contact MB... Have any of you guys came across such a problem?

Thanks...
There is an issue with "heavy" Engilsh accents (from Greeks, Turkish, Hungarian, Polish etc...) , where the system cannot recognize the commands.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is an issue with "heavy" Engilsh accents (from Greeks, Turkish, Hungarian, Polish etc...) , where the system cannot recognize the commands.
Thanks, I am a U.S. citizen living in Turkey. No problem speaking fluently. It's about the linguatronics, I believe.

·
Super Moderator
3,186 Posts
Certain commands are restricted depending on region/country, so opening the actual sunroof is not permitted in UK/EU countries. Only the blind.

There is a basic set of commands that the car knows, but anything more (eg Play the Geo Quiz) requires the car eSIM to have an actual 3G/4G/LTE connection to MB servers, so if your car is not connected, you won’t get the advanced set of commands available.

·
Super Moderator
3,529 Posts
Thanks, I am a U.S. citizen living in Turkey. No problem speaking fluently. It's about the linguatronics, I believe.
Talking about accents and digressing slightly. I've found we have to put on US accents in the states in order to get our requests recognised by voice activated phone menus. But on the MB point and accents I really don't know how it manages as the UK has such a divergence.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Talking about accents and digressing slightly. I've found we have to put on US accents in the states in order to get our requests recognised by voice activated phone menus. But on the MB point and accents I really don't know how it manages as the UK has such a divergence.
This is why i mentioned it to Matt, eventhough he is an American and as we all know in USA the accents varies(as well as in all the countries the accent is not the same.Same language, different accents). I have made a test with some of my collegues from Denmark, France, Philippines, UK & Greece. They all said the same command but the car regognized only UK & Denmark... the other ones had "heavy" accent for the taste of MBUX :p:p

·
Super Moderator
3,529 Posts
This is why i mentioned it to Matt, eventhough he is an American and as we all know in USA the accents varies(as well as in all the countries the accent is not the same.Same language, different accents). I have made a test with some of my collegues from Denmark, France, Philippines, UK & Greece. They all said the same command but the car regognized only UK & Denmark... the other ones had "heavy" accent for the taste of MBUX :p:p
That's something I've noticed. Quite a few people from Denmark when they speak English have no accent. Must be the viking influence on the English language. All that raping and pillaging they used to do over here 🧐

Reactions: MGL

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have to admit: my Greek - Scottish accent does not seem to be a problem 😝

Reactions: Forrester

·
Super Moderator
3,529 Posts
Reactions: Ravendark

·
Registered
3 Posts
It won’t open or close the sunroof, just the blind.
I have a A250 AMG Line 2019 and swear when I first bought it, it used to open the sunroof and the sunblind on command, however after a software upgrade, it now only opens the sun blind and that’s not all the time -

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have a A250 AMG Line 2019 and swear when I first bought it, it used to open the sunroof and the sunblind on command, however after a software upgrade, it now only opens the sun blind and that’s not all the time -
yes, last update made that happen. the new regulations about health and child safety bs is on, globally. Pfff... said, a child could try to voice open the sunroof and getaway... well, if my key fob is with me, it can not happen, and kid could create many dangerous actions in a car, too.. plus, thinking a toddler in an AMG A45S is very less likely... LOL

1 - 18 of 18 Posts