Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally had my build slot confirmed as 15th October . That will end up as a delivery to dealer on 31st October .!! 8 weeks later than first planned but at least I can now start counting down the sleeps lol.!! Really can't wait hope build gets brought forward.!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Lucky you! My confirmed build slot is 29th September but I don't get it until 10th December!..... I live in Sydney :(

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've paid the deposit in April for and haven't got a slot yet

·
Registered
30 Posts
That's what I was also thought
My sales manager told me a few weeks ago that no deliveries will take place
Be4 20th Aug. However last Thursday 24th July I was sitting in the Dealer
Principle's office, he brought up my order which showed 7th Aug.
He said I should have my car the following week.
What I'm telling you is what my dealership told me.

·
Registered
687 Posts
nicp266 said:
Hey White Mercury, im the exact same. Car to be delivered in Oct. Which dealer did you order from
From Menlyn branch , I had an order in at Bryanston too but they said they cant guarantee me a car in 2013 if i paid deposit in April so i though... whaaat? hahahah

·
Registered
471 Posts
k0zb0 said:
you need to pressure the dealer, i was on the phone every day :D
The dealer can't influence what happens on The factory. Also, I got a confirmation from mbsa that there is an issue with pan roofs hence the delay. Pm me your email address and I will forward you the email.

·
Registered
24 Posts
feemboy said:
The dealer can't influence what happens on The factory. Also, I got a confirmation from mbsa that there is an issue with pan roofs hence the delay. Pm me your email address and I will forward you the email.

This is just not true.

I was given an estimated delivery date of the 1st august, by 22nd July i still had no production slot. The dealer called Mercedes benz UK HO and they agreed to email the factory, the next day my car had a slot albeit 12 days later than expected.

I ordered end of June.

From what everyone else is saying on this Forum, no one has got service like i have. the only thing i can think that i am doing different is putting big preasure on the salesman to get me the car. I speak to him at least twice a week, although im running out of excuses to call :)

·
Registered
471 Posts
k0zb0 said:
feemboy said:

This is just not true.

I was given an estimated delivery date of the 1st august, by 22nd July i still had no production slot. The dealer called Mercedes benz UK HO and they agreed to email the factory, the next day my car had a slot albeit 12 days later than expected.

I ordered end of June.

From what everyone else is saying on this Forum, no one has got service like i have. the only thing i can think that i am doing different is putting big preasure on the salesman to get me the car. I speak to him at least twice a week, although im running out of excuses to call :)
Hi kozbo
Thanks for the advice. It's good to see that good customer service still exists where customer is king. Some of our dealers here in SA have a "take it or leave it" attitude especially on A45 models because the demand is so high for the vehicle. It's a case of "you can bugger of if you not happy cos i got 10 other people who will buy the car if you have a problem" this is not a mercedes thing,it is a South African thing.....GTI salespeople are worse here, they are like cockroaches....a real slimy bunch. In general in South Africa, customer service is pathetic. I have travelled substantially and safe to say I feel least treated like a customer in SA. They should take a page out of Japanese customer service levels where when ou walk into a store, customer is not king, customer is treated like God.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I just got an email and got a confirmation for Jan production after a long wait.
Edited by: edition1

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Just heard from my dealer today I've moved forward a day for build!

Hopefully have the car end of Nov here in the UK.

·
Registered
30 Posts
jamamg said:
Just heard from my dealer today I've moved forward a day for build!

Hopefully have the car end of Nov here in the UK.
Hi Jam,

I live not too far away from the location in your avatar.

Where did you order from and when is your delivery date?

My car arrives 25th November ;)

Chris.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts