Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New a45s for sale with about 50 miles for sale on autotrader. It’s on a 22 plate and has Continental sport contact 6 on from factory. I’m assuming a change has taken place to use both makers from factory, not solely Michelins anyone.

·
Super Moderator
5,750 Posts
New a45s for sale with about 50 miles for sale on autotrader. It’s on a 22 plate and has Continental sport contact 6 on from factory. I’m assuming a change has taken place to use both makers from factory, not solely Michelins anyone.
The car I had for the AMG day didn't have Michelins. I would say yes to your question MB offer them on other tyres.

·
Super Moderator
5,750 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
When cars are produced the manufacturer will have a selection of tyres that can be fitted by the alloy supplier. Its usually just down to what is available at the time or for a specific market or country, but primarily it will be for homologation criteria.

Think I've only ever seen Conti's or Michelins on AMG MB's, ( I may be wrong on this one ) so I presume this is their two specified brands.

·
Super Moderator
5,750 Posts
When cars are produced the manufacturer will have a selection of tyres that can be fitted by the alloy supplier. Its usually just down to what is available at the time or for a specific market or country, but primarily it will be for homologation criteria.

Think I've only ever seen Conti's or Michelins on AMG MB's, ( I may be wrong on this one ) so I presume this is their two specified brands.
I think that's correct. The A45s at Brooklands used Contis and the instructor seemed to think that was the new choice by AMG.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts