Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Found out this morning that if you traffic sign assist and you press the RES button for Limiter / Cruise control, it will set to that speed. So if you go from a say 60 to a 30 press the RES button and that's it. No clicking the set button multiple times.
Also, as I found out for the first time the other day, the limiter can be set in 5mph increments by pushing the switch all the way up or down (there is a little click as you push past the standard 1mph increment).

·
Registered
264 Posts
Found out this morning that if you traffic sign assist and you press the RES button for Limiter / Cruise control, it will set to that speed. So if you go from a say 60 to a 30 press the RES button and that's it. No clicking the set button multiple times.
Is this only on the driver assist pack?

·
Registered
497 Posts
No, it comes with the traffic sign assist, which is part of the augmented satnav.

You need to bear in mind when using it that the initial pressing of RES will set the cruise control to the last setting, if you set it previously in your journey (ie the greyed out speed). It takes a second press to set it to the speed limit for the road.

So if your stored speed is say 30mph and you then get on the motorway, accelerate up to say 60mph, then pres RES, you will immediately start to brake down to 30, which might be a little unnerving.

·
Registered
92 Posts
No, it comes with the traffic sign assist, which is part of the augmented satnav.

You need to bear in mind when using it that the initial pressing of RES will set the cruise control to the last setting, if you set it previously in your journey (ie the greyed out speed). It takes a second press to set it to the speed limit for the road.

So if your stored speed is say 30mph and you then get on the motorway, accelerate up to say 60mph, then pres RES, you will immediately start to brake down to 30, which might be a little unnerving.
Ah, a second press. That's the bit I didn't understand and would explain why I'd tried it in a 30 limit and suddenly accelerated towards 70MPH!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ah, a second press. That's the bit I didn't understand and would explain why I'd tried it in a 30 limit and suddenly accelerated towards 70MPH!

Press it twice in quick succession to adapt the speed limit. I will try on the way home tonight but I think you only need to press twice once per journey. Any other time during your journey it is just one press.

And yes, it works with both the speed limiter and cruise control. Just remember what you were last in!

·
Registered
2018 A200 AMG Line
292 Posts
I stumbled across a couple of things some owners may not know about and which I couldn't find in the owner's manual. A long press on the back button on the right of the steering wheel returns the instrument cluster to the default settings, i.e. speedo and rev counter.

And pressing on the main screen by the internal temperature icon brings up a full screen of climate control settings.

·
Registered
96 Posts
And pressing on the main screen by the internal temperature icon brings up a full screen of climate control settings.
Is there a way to do this without touching the screen? So via the central touchpad or steering wheel?

I don't like finger marks on the screen!!

Reactions: VStef1986

·
Registered
A35, Black Premium
345 Posts
This is just a thread to share cool lesser known things about the A class.

I’ll start off, if you have the car in sport and hold the up shift or down shift paddle it’s meant to make a more aggressive start sound.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts