Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My A45s is due at the dealership on 25th February. Please can you help me with regards as to what i can order up in preparation for it. Eg USB B-C leads )how long and where from) i have an armbox organiser in present A45 and better than a big hole that was there. Where are people getting these from. Will the left hand side dead peddle in present car fit the 177. Anything else will be greatly appreciated.
many thanks.

·
Registered
109 Posts
According to my dealer they have stopped supplying them now with new cars.....cheapskates....

·
Registered
811 Posts
According to my dealer they have stopped supplying them now with new cars.....cheapskates....
It’s a £5 accessory. So yes MB are cheapskates but on the other hand I wouldn’t lose sleep over it

·
Registered
109 Posts
I agree, but it could be annoying to get your new car and then have to wait for one to be delivered to be able to play your music !

·
Registered
811 Posts
My A45s is due at the dealership on 25th February. Please can you help me with regards as to what i can order up in preparation for it. Eg USB B-C leads )how long and where from) i have an armbox organiser in present A45 and better than a big hole that was there. Where are people getting these from. Will the left hand side dead peddle in present car fit the 177. Anything else will be greatly appreciated.
many thanks.
USB-C to lightning cables (assuming you’re an iPhone user) otherwise USB-C to USB-C or USB-C to micro USB for other phones. I got mine from Amazon
USB C to Lightning Cable, UGREEN [3.3FT MFi Certified] Braided USB-C to iPhone Lightning Cable 3A PD Fast Charge Compatible with iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max X XS XR XS Max 8 8 Plus iPad Pro 12.9" USB C to Lightning Cable, UGREEN Braided USB-C to: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Boot liner from eBay

Left foot rest from eBay

Felt tape from Amazon for the inevitable cabin rattles
Direct Products Anti Squeak Anti Rattle Self Adhesive Felt Tape 50mm X 3M Direct Products Anti Squeak Anti Rattle Self Adhesive Felt Tape 50mm X 3M: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

HTH

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks very much for detailed replies. It looks like I need a couple of B-C leads. My pedal appears to fit 176 and 177 models so I’ll take it out before it goes. Is music stored on a USB C key or memory card? If C key what sort of size are you people using? Finally anybody purchased the armrest organising tray?
Many thanks.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Thanks very much for detailed replies. It looks like I need a couple of B-C leads. My pedal appears to fit 176 and 177 models so I’ll take it out before it goes. Is music stored on a USB C key or memory card? If C key what sort of size are you people using? Finally anybody purchased the armrest organising tray?
Many thanks.
I bought these two from amazon. Anker do quality cables in my opinion been using them for years now.

·
Registered
811 Posts
+1 for the Anker recommendation. I've got loads of Anker cables, and various others bits, and they are all top notch quality + their after sales service is superb too.

With regards to music, there was a recent thread where people where having trouble getting USB drives >16GB to be recognized by MBUX for music. Seemed larger drives were recognized for manual maps updates as an example, just not for music. Could be a formatting issue (FAT32 vs. NTFS), but I don't recall a definitive answer being given.

Personally I just use Spotify these days so don't bother with stored music anymore.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ordered the leads and memory stick as recommended. Also purchased one of these, got one in current A45 and find it a lot better than standard setup.

YEE PIN Centre Console Organizer Tray Armrest Tray for Benz A-Class W177 2019, Secondary Storage Box Insert Glove Compartment Car Accessories YEE PIN Centre Console Organizer Tray Armrest Tray for Benz A-Class W177 2019, Secondary Storage Box Insert Glove Compartment Car Accessories: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

Many thanks for everybody’s help. If you can think of anything else feel free to add.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts