Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
That link doesn’t work on my phone, says it’s unsecure, and when I look on eBay there aren’t any.
Type in 'AMG A35 Alloy' into ebay and then choose used from the condition option on the left. It's been on there for ages, and you can make an offer on it. Not a bad price either considering it comes with a tyre.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Trust me a new wheel from the dealer won’t be in the region of £400. More like £1500 I’d say :rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
2020 A35 AMG
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

·
Registered
118 Posts
Are you saying you still can't see that one on ebay? Or that you would prefer to pay twice as much without a tyre. The ebay one is Genuine.

·
Registered
2020 A35 AMG
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Are you saying you still can't see that one on ebay? Or that you would prefer to pay twice as much without a tyre. The ebay one is Genuine.
I’ve just seen it. It’s used. It may be genuine, but how do I know it isn’t bent, has any damage, or been welded/ repaired before.

I’d honestly rather pay £300 more for something that I know is going to be safe and sound. I didn’t buy a £40,000 car to cheap out on parts. That’s just my personal preference.

·
Registered
118 Posts
You'd know if it had been welded or repaired because it is still in the original manufacturer finish. You could make a cheeky offer so the gamble was worth it if thats how you feel, but it's your money ;)

Good luck with getting it sorted (y)

·
Registered
2020 A35 AMG
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
You'd know if it had been welded or repaired because it is still in the original manufacturer finish. You could make a cheeky offer so the gamble was worth it if thats how you feel, but it's your money ;)

Good luck with getting it sorted (y)
Thanks for your help mate. I really am one for piece of mind when it comes to my motors, which is why I don’t mind paying out. I’m going ATS tomorrow. I’ll keep this thread updated.

Cheers.

·
Registered
899 Posts

·
Registered
2020 A35 AMG
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Quick update. Went to ATS. Told him I had a cracked wheel, he didn’t even look it at, just told me to replace it which I’m going to do.

Rang my local Mercedes dealership and they’ve priced a replacement at £690, so that’s what I’m going to do. Not going to get it welded as it’ll forever remain structurally weak.

Thanks for the help guys. Hope this doesn’t happen to anyone else though. The ATS fella reckons it’s very common with Mercedes.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts