Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen this phrase being used with the new A Class and wanted to know a bit more about it.

Does the car automatically activate DRL depending on the ambient lighting, is there a DRL activation zone (i.e. - if you're within 1 second behind the car in front at decreasing light
) or will I just be posing if I have my LEDs on in the middle of the day?

Edited by: jamiednm

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
there is an option in the setup menu for DRL, mine was set to off when I picked the car. haven't looked through the manual yet to see what the option does.

·
Registered
377 Posts
LED daytime running lights not linked to interior Ambient lighting... they are either on or off, there is the option to switch on or off from the menu.. I think you can only do whilst stationary. If you have the lights set to auto with DRL set to on then they will be on dependant on ambient daylight

·
Registered
626 Posts
If you have Xenon headlights via either Night Pack or ILS, you get LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL). With standard headlights you still have DRL's but they will be the standard side light type bulb.

As has been said, DRL's can be switched permanently on or off via the driver information screen.

If you have auto headlights, these switch the headlights on or off depending on the outside light level - the DRL's then act as sidelights.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thinking about that mixonic2 ....got confused when ordering, thought the AMG Sport had led's as standard according to first adverts way back in August 2012, but alas 'ordinary' ones, do you think that would be an easy job swopping them?

·
Registered
373 Posts
i dont know what fitment the standard bulbs are on the a class but generally swapping standard side lights for led sight lights should be a srtaight swap just like replaing a blown bulb ...

·
Registered
54 Posts
tone1 said:
Thinking about that mixonic2 ....got confused when ordering, thought the AMG Sport had led's as standard according to first adverts way back in August 2012, but alas 'ordinary' ones, do you think that would be an easy job swopping them?
I intend to find out if this is possible, l did it on my Audi A3 last year and it looked great.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Possible daft question here but....

Does the Engineered have both front and rear DRL?

·
Registered
626 Posts
LED drl's on front. Rear lights are also LED but are not on unless headlights are on.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Rear lights can be coded to be on with the front DRLs. By default they are off like said.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts