Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is due to arrive at the dealer tomorrow and the dealer has said that a "debadge can damage the paint as the glue is so strong these days". I thought it was pretty standard practice, is there any truth to this?

·
Registered
391 Posts
I had mine done as part of the order (zero-cost option) - I guess that meant that the car bypassed the part of the production line where the badges get fixed on.

All I actually didn't want was the ECO badge, but all I got was the MB star and no model designation at all - not bothered about that, the back looks "cleaner" without those.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Sounds like a load of rubbish to me.Do it yourself, search on here and you will find threads of others who have already done it.

·
Registered
984 Posts
easyhair dryer and dental floss,
I removed the wing badges, they came off so easily resold with the adhesive still on and then the model badge A250 in my case, done it on every car I've had and never had an issue, they're possibly wary as some plonker cleaner / mechanic has caused damage.

·
Registered
743 Posts
As above, all I would addis slide a credit card under the oppostie end to the one you are lifting/prying sothe badgedoes not dig into the paintwork to be extra careful.

Reactions: Ben&Sandy

·
Registered
475 Posts
I just used nylon or good quality cotton thread to run between the badge and car body to get them off.No prying needed that way.

·
Registered
743 Posts
If you heat a pry carefully you'll find a lot of the blackadhesive will come off with the badge meaning less to try and get off the bodywork.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the tips guys! Especially sliding the credit card in the other side, hadn't thought of that!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hmm sorry I!m abit late on this thread but my Dealer told me the factory don't de badge so they done it when it was cleaned after the PDi was done

·
Registered
21 Posts
My car is due to arrive at the dealer tomorrow and the dealer has said that a "debadge can damage the paint as the glue is so strong these days". I thought it was pretty standard practice, is there any truth to this?
I had mine debadged (the sides) at a reputable shop who does high end tinting, PPF and wrapping. Took 2 minutes and cleaned off easily and beautifully. I initially had some concerns about the sensitivity of the Designo Magno paint. But the clear coat on top seems plenty strong and you can’t even tell the badges were there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts