Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ordered A250e Premium Saloon Denim Blue on the 26/3/2021.
The salesman gave me a copy of the Oasis order sheet which stated build date of 14/5/21 with eta to dealer of the 4/6/21.
Both dates have been and gone and now the salesman can see an Oasis order update of build date 7/6/21 and a chassis number has now been allocated which he thinks is a good sign, So it’s a wait and see game I am afraid. No reasons are given for delay other than probably Covid related.
Although mine is an A250e Premier Plus hatchback in denim blue, I'm in a similar position. Believed to be built on 18 May with a VIN and expected in UK on 4 June, last I heard (a week ago) it was still in Hungary, with no explanation for the delay. Trying to get an update from the dealer.

·
Registered
A250E Saloon Prem Plus
61 Posts
Not an A250E but my wife ordered a GLA250 in April, delivery in July. Told this week would be delayed to September/October, issue is with Premium Plus sunroof.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New member here… started searching online after having my car delayed for the third time.

I’ve gone for an a250e saloon premium plus in white it was originally ordered 10th March 2021 and given mid June for delivery which then changed to July and then august and now I’ve been told it’s going to be October.

asked for a reason for the delays and I was told there’s production issues.

·
Registered
4 Posts
New Member. A250e Premium Plus in Mountain Grey ordered in April 2021. It was due to be delivered towards the end of May however delayed due to the chip shortage. Dealer has said the chassis number is there which is a good sign so hopefully will find out more information next week. Installed a podpoint charger with no issues.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New member here… started searching online after having my car delayed for the third time.

I’ve gone for an a250e saloon premium plus in white it was originally ordered 10th March 2021 and given mid June for delivery which then changed to July and then august and now I’ve been told it’s going to be October.

asked for a reason for the delays and I was told there’s production issues.
I been told mine has slipped to July, ordered it in March. To give the sales guy their credit, they are keeping me updated. I assume this is not normal, unless someone else can correct me

·
Registered
14 Posts
I been told mine has slipped to July, ordered it in March. To give the sales guy their credit, they are keeping me updated. I assume this is not normal, unless someone else can correct me
I ordered in March and was given a collection date of 7 June, but just days before, I'm told it's still in Hungary, and nobody knows why - which seems unbelievable. Therefore I have no idea when it will arrive. I do have a VIN, so suspect it is at least partially built. Getting anything from my dealer has proved a challenge as he only contacts me when I ask for an update. I only tend to ask once a week, which should not be unreasonable. Probably the worst experience I have had when buying a new car. Your dealer seems like a saint!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi new to the site but just looking over lot of posts of people asking for delivery times just thought I would throw mine into the mix
Ordered my CLA250e premium plus in December 20 to replace my C class in May 21 got a date of early July it then has been changed 3 times and is now December 21
I am lucky though as I have my order through NHS fleet solutions and I just keep the C class till the new one turns up and I have an email every Monday with an update there service is first class this will be my 3rd car from them they provide an excellent service for us NHS guys
Any way I keep you all posted with the delivery dates as I get them you never know it may turn up earlier

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi new to the site but just looking over lot of posts of people asking for delivery times just thought I would throw mine into the mix
Ordered my CLA250e premium plus in December 20 to replace my C class in May 21 got a date of early July it then has been changed 3 times and is now December 21
I am lucky though as I have my order through NHS fleet solutions and I just keep the C class till the new one turns up and I have an email every Monday with an update there service is first class this will be my 3rd car from them they provide an excellent service for us NHS guys
Any way I keep you all posted with the delivery dates as I get them you never know it may turn up earlier
I’ve had a totally different experience with them, ordered in Feb, weekly email still states waiting for an anticipated delivery date. After many phone calls have been told verbally end of June. But as the email doesn’t back this up, I’m feeling very much in the dark.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Reading all these stories of delays is making me worried. Just last friday I ordered an A250e saloon with premium plus package. It is not a factory order because I was told by the dealer that they were getting one in the first week of July. I don't have a VIN number or anything yet so I'm really hoping there isn't a delay on mine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just thought I would provide and update. I have been checking daily on this link ;

I filtered by my car spec and wasn't too bothered about the colour and managed to find 3 A250e premium plus with different vin numbers to my order. I requested one of them and my dealer said I can pick up towards the end of this week.

They said they could not see it on their system so maybe best to check online if a car you want becomes available.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I should have done a deal on one of those cars from a different dealer rather than waiting for my local dealer to get one in.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Keep an eye as I have seen every few days them popping up after 8pm
Yes but what I mean is, there are 5 white saloon A250e with premium plus pack showing on there as available now around the country but my dealer is getting one in in July with my name on it. I've just emailed them to see if they can get me one of those 5 now rather than me waiting and worrying whether my order will be pushed back.
cheers.
EDIT after hearing back from the dealer.
My car is shown as going into production on 29th of this month, apparently they are built within a couple of days and it's expected in the UK around the 8th July. They have no reason to think there will be a delay. I suppose it means I know it hasn't been sat in a field for weeks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Had a call from my dealer over the weekend. Ordered in April, my car is apparently built and is in Germany but has been delayed awaiting is his words SDISK chips. Not entirely sure that the chips he mentioned are correct, maybe an SD Card or SSD? He did confirm that the auto parking functionality will be disabled as per the UN79 regulation.

No ETA as yet, was originally due June 7th.

A250e AMG Line Premium Plus with driving assistance package, Denim Blue

·
Registered
14 Posts
Had a call from my dealer over the weekend. Ordered in April, my car is apparently built and is in Germany but has been delayed awaiting is his words SDISK chips. Not entirely sure that the chips he mentioned are correct, maybe an SD Card or SSD? He did confirm that the auto parking functionality will be disabled as per the UN79 regulation.

A250e AMG Line Premium Plus with driving assistance package, Denim Blue
My car, with same specification and colour was also due on 7 June, but I believe it is still in Hungary. My dealer has no idea on reason for delay, and has shown no initiative in contacting me. He only responds when I send a weekly e-mail asking for an update. I'll try again on Wednesday.

·
Registered
4 Posts

I can not find anything on google about UN79 regulation could you care to explain how or who told you about this?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,851 Posts
I can not find anything on google about UN79 regulation could you care to explain how or who told you about this?

Thanks
See this thread:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I ordered in March and was given a collection date of 7 June, but just days before, I'm told it's still in Hungary, and nobody knows why - which seems unbelievable. Therefore I have no idea when it will arrive. I do have a VIN, so suspect it is at least partially built. Getting anything from my dealer has proved a challenge as he only contacts me when I ask for an update. I only tend to ask once a week, which should not be unreasonable. Probably the worst experience I have had when buying a new car. Your dealer seems like a saint!
Any news on your delivery MetMan? I think we're in very similar boats in both having shocking dealerships who provide no info, and delivery time slots we've been lied to about!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've cancelled my order and done a deal on another car with the exact same spec elsewhere in the country - one that has a know VIN number so it has already been built. Rather than waiting until Middle of July and wondering whether (or for how long) it would be delayed I get it next week. (y)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Any news on your delivery MetMan? I think we're in very similar boats in both having shocking dealerships who provide no info, and delivery time slots we've been lied to about!
No more information since last week. I e-mailed the dealer this morning asking for an update, but had no reply. I have sent an e-mail to [email protected] expressing my dissatisfaction. They have replied, but only asking for more information and suggesting that I contact my dealer!!!

61 - 80 of 91 Posts