Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. I'm awaiting delivery on my a220 amg sport which was ordered first week in feb. Delivery is being quoted as mid july & I wondered if everyone had found this estimate as accurate ?. I'm also a little apprehensive as to how easy it is to live with the firm suspension & wondered how others find it driving round day in, day out ?. Thanks, chris

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yeah mate this seems about right for a lot of us, but there is a lot of discrepancies.

There are people who ordered early in the year and have waited 5 or 6 months like yourself, and there are others who have ordered far later and have already got theirs!

The waiting lists seem to be shorter now, and most people ordering these days should have theirs within 2 to 3 months

Can't comment on one drive mate, as mine arrived 2 weeks ago after a 6 month wait and was the wrong colour :( Currently on a fast track order, and will have the right one in 3 weeks time

·
Registered
150 Posts
Welcome 1WhiteKnight, Still waiting on my A250 Engineered, but from what I've read most people find the suspension reviews too critical and have been happy with the suspension. While the A250 doesn't come with runflats in Australia I originally ordered an A200CDI sports (but with comfort suspension) which you should be able to change to change if you are a little concerned about how harsh the suspension may be.

But I did take out an A200 AMG sports for an extended test drive on my own and didn't find it overly harsh, I personally love the idea of runflats and figure for the benefit a little bit of added harshness I will survive.

Wonder what it would be like to put runflats on my A250.

·
Registered
629 Posts
1whiteknight said:
Hi there. I'm awaiting delivery on my a220 amg sport which was ordered first week in feb. Delivery is being quoted as mid july & I wondered if everyone had found this estimate as accurate ?. I'm also a little apprehensive as to how easy it is to live with the firm suspension & wondered how others find it driving round day in, day out ?. Thanks, chris
Hi Chris, welcome to the forums

I have the same model as you have ordered. You don't need to worry about the ride. Its fine. Obviously you have to avoid potholes, but that is a fact of life in this country. The ride is firm (its going to be on a car with 'Sports' suspension and big wheels) but other than all the strange road testers who were critical, I don't think a single person on the forum has complained that the ride is too hard.

Its a lovely car, you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply guys, can't wait to get mine in July. I see your from Brum Simon, will keep an eye out for you as I work in Solihull & I've only seen 2 new a class mercs so far. Mines going to be silver with the pan roof when it finally gets here next month

·
Registered
629 Posts
Sounds very nice Chris - I originally chose silver but changed my mind at the last minute. I'm toying with changing mine for next March - if I do it will be silver this time with night pack and pano roof again and a couple of option changes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.