Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Thanks for those extra ones. Had not realised they were lefties!

So different than the one before - I wonder who was brave enough to approach the boss of MB with their new idea

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes LHD was all they had but it made no difference to me.

I saw some interview on You Tube with the head designer talking about the radical change in design. In the interview he states that they were told to start from a white piece of paper and forget the previous design. When they proposed their new designs to Daimler head honchos they feared they would kick it out for being too radical but apparently they went for the most radical of their suggestions which is pretty much the design of the production car.

I think this is the film:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIu1gbEXSN8&feature=relmfu

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thanks for the pictures, but can I ask something was that a AMG sport verison? and was the steering wheel kinda little flat at the bottom?

I'm only asking because the picture with the steering wheel didn't look like it was flat at the bottom...
then when I went to a few dealerships to have a look at the AMG models they said it not the official AMG models but a sport with AMG style package and it was LHD the dealer said in some european country they have options where they can have a sport model but they can add AMG style package.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The grey car in the exterior pictures was an AMG sport version.

The interior shot is of a different car, the white car parked next door in one of the shots which was a Sport with a night package. The interior in the Sport was different to the AMG interior. The AMG had red stitching and carbon fibre trim. Sorry I can't remember the shape of steering wheel.

Sorry for any unintentional confusion caused.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Oh I see, that make sense then
No worries, I'm grateful that you took some pictures. Yes the AMG version should have a little flat (straight) bottom to give it a sporty look,

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm going back in next week so will check and try and get a photo for you of the AMG interior.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thanks! I won't be able to see a demo car until mid Nov time :(

Btw you think you can do a video of the startup sound?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts