Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Morning folks,

The lass gave up on the search for a A200d with the Driver Assistance P23 pack, mainly because Listers were selling off a handful of their ex-demo cars cheap, really cheap. So we've a deposit down and order form written for an 19 plate A200d AMG Line Premium in Mojave Silver! (payment pending the personal loan arriving in her account)

One of the other things the car is missing is phone integration. Initially we wanted the wireless charging, but this became redundant after hearing that apple carplay only works wired. Can phone integration / apple carplay be easily retrofitted? - without affecting merc warranty.

Listers have offered a 3rd year's warranty for £580 which we've accepted and we'll be taking out the service pack (they're doing the first 12 months one for us).

They also offered what they term "Listers Protech" for around £330 with a lifetime* guarantee (*which I need to read small print on), this seems to be a ceramic coating done by Jewel Ultra (Diamondbright). My concern with this is that they will clean the, in my opinion, awful orange peel paintwork and then protect it. Does anyone have experience with this modern coating? I'm still in the world of old fashioned detailing with my Meguiars kit (had planned to clay, polish, wax to a mirror).

Looking through the VIN decoder the car appears to have 889 keyless go, is this activated as standard?

Is there anything else I should be asking the dealer for? Subscriptions to anything? Updates etc?

many thanks for any advice

·
Registered
150 Posts
If it's any help my car has this:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Morning folks,

The lass gave up on the search for a A200d with the Driver Assistance P23 pack, mainly because Listers were selling off a handful of their ex-demo cars cheap, really cheap. So we've a deposit down and order form written for an 19 plate A200d AMG Line Premium in Mojave Silver! (payment pending the personal loan arriving in her account)

One of the other things the car is missing is phone integration. Initially we wanted the wireless charging, but this became redundant after hearing that apple carplay only works wired. Can phone integration / apple carplay be easily retrofitted? - without affecting merc warranty.

Listers have offered a 3rd year's warranty for £580 which we've accepted and we'll be taking out the service pack (they're doing the first 12 months one for us).

They also offered what they term "Listers Protech" for around £330 with a lifetime* guarantee (*which I need to read small print on), this seems to be a ceramic coating done by Jewel Ultra (Diamondbright). My concern with this is that they will clean the, in my opinion, awful orange peel paintwork and then protect it. Does anyone have experience with this modern coating? I'm still in the world of old fashioned detailing with my Meguiars kit (had planned to clay, polish, wax to a mirror).

Looking through the VIN (WDD1770122J087041) decoder the car appears to have 889 keyless go, is this activated as standard?

Is there anything else I should be asking the dealer for? Subscriptions to anything? Updates etc?

many thanks for any advice
Carplay can be activated via Mercedes Me portal for £299.00. It is a permanent license so you do not have to renew it like other services.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Only a personal view but I feel that these paint protection treatments only have one benefit & that's to line dealers pockets 😱

In my experience a really good coat of quality polish will last 12 months or more and is a much better bet.

However, for those who don't want to polish their cars, and i mean no criticism by this, get a protective coat put on by an independent for a fraction of what dealers charge.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Carplay can be activated via Mercedes Me portal for £299.00. It is a permanent license so you do not have to renew it like other services.
So all the hardware is already in there!? That's awesome news if it is!! If it just needs activating then I'll see if I can get it thrown in FOC before we pay.

In my experience a really good coat of quality polish will last 12 months or more and is a much better bet.

However, for those who don't want to polish their cars, and i mean no criticism by this, get a protective coat put on by an independent for a fraction of what dealers charge.
This was kind of what I thought, he offered a discounted price, though given the sales pitch I'm positive they are still making a healthy profit. The lifetime protection was what appealed most. Stone chip repairs for free for life I think - but I do need to find the small print

·
Registered
171 Posts
So all the hardware is already in there!? That's awesome news if it is!! If it just needs activating then I'll see if I can get it thrown in FOC before we pay.
Yes the hardwire is already there. You will need FU2 software version installed before you can get Carplay activated.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help folks.

Gonna pass on the ceramic coating then, perhaps get the interior done by a independent.
Will buzz the dealer later to see if he'll be kind enough to get it set up with apple carplay for us.

On the test drive he didn't show us the advanced nav, but I think the car has got it: The build sheet lists U19 Augmented Reality Video. This is the fancy nav right?

Cheers very much

·
Registered
23 Posts
A proper ceramic coat, wheels and calipers, will cost more but will be much better. Had my CLA done from new by a detailer, 6 months in and it's the best thing iv'e ever done to a car and i'm a real clean freak !! Super easy to look after and clean, any surface water just beads away as you drive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts