Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys.
Only joined up yesterday but been reading in the background for a few weeks now.

I am looking to buy a A200CDi AMG sports. In a few weeks after my bonuscomes through.

Anyway today I was in the dentist and reading the car mags as you do, when I was reading Septembers issue of what car.

In the article - a comparison between a Golf GTi, BMW 135i and the A250 they claim the depreciation on the A250 in the first 3yrs is forcast to be 59%

I was wondering if anybody who has bought one or ordered one using MB Agility financing was quoted a figure close to that after 3yrs of ownership?

Cheers

Cassini

·
Registered
223 Posts
Mine's on Agility. £23k new and predicted residual of £10.5k after three years and 50k miles.

Cheers

Rog

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that Rriggs.
Looks to be in the same ballpark figure as the magazine article - although your mileage is above average.

What was your expierence like buying on Agility?

Cassini

·
Registered
8 Posts
According to AutoExpress, the Mercedes A-Class is in the top 5 depreciation busters, with an estimated value of 52.30% after 3 years and 30,000 miles. The VW doesn't feature in the top 10 and the BMW is at number 10, with the Audi A3 at number 6.

·
Registered
223 Posts
When I was shopping around I had a few cars in my shortlist but none could touch the residual of the A-Class. Other cars were BMW 1-Series, Freelander, MINI Countryman and Audi A3.

I did have a brief look at Skoda because they were doing VAT free and low rate finance too.

With all of the above the payments were higher over 3 years with the same mileage even though all of them were cheaper in the first place. All down to the residual...

Of course, it's all based on guess work by MB and the finance companies at the moment but on Agility it's guaranteed so it doesn't matter if they're wrong!

Cheers

Rog

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for all your input.
Just so I am clear on this -

If I purchase the car on Agility and they give me an end of term figure of 11k, but after the policy finishes and the car is actually worth 13kI am 2k to the good if I purchase the car.

Cassini

·
Registered
223 Posts
That is correct - of course if the car is worth 11k or less then you walk away with.... Nothing. Unless you borrow again to pay off the 11k.

Cheers

RogEdited by: rriggs

1 - 8 of 8 Posts