Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I took my car for a service on the 12th. I’m 100% certain it went in with a black rear diffuser and it’s came back with a blue one!

The garage are saying it’s always been this colour.

Has anyone had any experience with the black diffuser bleaching in the sun?!

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting
Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Tire
Tire Car Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It looks completely wrong, "you" would never choose that color for the car.. You don't have anything else in that color fitted to the car ?

If you look under the car you can see if it is the same color, if it is it´s not the sun.
Is it conceivable that it was changed before without you having noticed it?
It does look completely wrong. Nothing else on the car matches it. I’m absolutely certain it was black!
I contemplated maybe someone took it at night while it was on the drive but why would a theif replace it with a blue one? Lol

I’ve had a look under where the light wouldn’t have reached it but can’t see well.

There’s literally no explanation other than the garage must have changed it or it has changed with the sun but I would’ve noticed it by now. There’s also a crack in the centre of it that wasn’t there before which also adds to the theory they swapped one for another! Very strange.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes. But thinking through the time and costs I would be very surprised if the dealer changed it unless they damaged it somehow.
Exactly, they’re saying if they damaged it they would say otherwise it’s a sackable thing. They’re saying it’s how it’s always been on this model. Firstly they were saying it was grey and it wouldn’t have been black unless I had the night package. Not they’re saying it’s always been this blue colour - surely on the last 6 years I would’ve noticed it was blue?!. They’re also saying there’s 17 people in workshop, over seen by 2 managers and this “just doesn’t happen”. “It’s a big job they don’t have time etc etc” “it would have to be put up on a ramp” - it literally was on a ramp they sent me a video of it. Sounds like they’re just gaslighting me tbh.
Asked them to check cctv, should contact me next week but don’t trust them to tell the truth after everything they were saying

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Vehicle Tire
This blue car was around the back of the garage. Is that diffuser blue or black? Is it as blue as the one that’s on my car?!

Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Tire Wheel

This car was parked around the back car park. Blatantly a black diffuser.

Tire Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

This car was on auto trader - obviously black diffuser

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

Stock image of my car in the Mercedes’ me app - obviously black.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got it brand new but don’t have any of the advertisement stuff… I’ll google it now because they did use this same model in the brochure

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Did you buy the car 2nd hand? if so do you still have access to the photos they used when advertising the car that you can check against?

Unless they damaged it, I can't see them changing it as it's money and time etc.
just looked…thank you I completely didn’t think to check the brochure. It is black! Knew I wasn’t going out of my mind!!
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Car Vehicle Wheel Land vehicle Tire

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did you buy the car 2nd hand? if so do you still have access to the photos they used when advertising the car that you can check against?

Unless they damaged it, I can't see them changing it as it's money and time etc.
I also found the video I watched before buying it where the guy actually says “diffuser is glossy black”

1 - 9 of 9 Posts