Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, as you have probably previously seem I am tempted on getting a diesel timing box for my A200 AMG Sport Aclass.

However, I have never used one before and a little sensitive that it will effect the engine and damage warranty ect... I would like more power and torque as the a200 could do with some more.

So can you all help and simply put yes or no to wether I should get done or not, reasons also would be good but you don't have too!!

Hopefully then with your help you will make my mind up!

Thanks

Greg

·
Registered
45 Posts
YES - I think you definitely should!!

...in that way when my A finally does arrive I'll know exactly how it is from yours!!

Edited by: damedi

·
Registered
93 Posts
I would also deffo say yes (as I want you to test it out too!!!)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yes I am getting mine from DTUK one that does the Turbo boost as well I know a couple of people who have used these and no adverse effects and this is over 75000 miles so a good test.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Have had one and having it reset for the MB so its a yes from me

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Be careful, I had one on a previous car and it blew 2 high pressure hoses. Having said hat it was an early version of the box.Edited by: aguycalleddb

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes...

I have one fitted

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Greguk said:
Your making me think twice now lol
Some are good, some are bad. Just do your research first.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi. I remember someone saying that the A180 CDI engine in our (manual box) cars is actually the Renault sourced 1.5 DCI unit. In which case does anyone know if a diesel tuning box for that engine would fit our cars ?

Found a great price on this unit on Ebay. The seller is actually http://www.tdi-tuning.co.uk/- who if you know about them, are actually one of the mostreputable tuning box companies in the UK.

Normally their boxes sell for around £400, so these units they are doing at £82.99 (+best offer) are an absolute steal !

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-Megane-1-5-dCi-Diesel-Tuning-Box-Chip-/230965683198?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35c6a0a3fe#ht_5545wt_983

I've asked them the question on Ebay, but would be helpful if any of you technically minded folk could shed some light on this.

Thanks.
Edited by: nuvolablue

·
Registered
305 Posts
The A Class can not yet be remapped.
The ECU is protected, so a powerbox is the only wat to go.

Have read a lot positive about DTUK

·
Registered
80 Posts
Petje said:
The A Class can not yet be remapped.
The ECU is protected, so a powerbox is the only wat to go.

Have read a lot positive about DTUK

me too and know a couple of people who have used them, thats who i will be using

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
ballester said:
Tunning boxes will only make your car produce more smoke! If you want a thing well made go for a ECU remap.
I agree, remap is the best way.

DTUK have a lot of friends & enemies, if you decide to buy from them just be careful (I speak from experience & know the owner ;) )

·
Registered
305 Posts
Al i have read about them is positive, no negative think on internet, so Please share ?

DTUK boxes are from DTE systems in Germany, also their reputation is good.

ECU tuning is better , but not possible ATM for the W176, so a GOOD box is the only wat to go.

And all big company's deliver tuningboxes (Brabus,Kleemann,Vath)

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
As I said there are a lot of good reviews of them but I have had a bad experience with one of there boxes and know of a few other local people who have too. Just be warned that if you get one and have a problem they won't admit responsibility for it.

I would rather pay double for the brabus one and keep my warranty In tacked.

Just my opinion.Edited by: aguycalleddb

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have a DTUK one I think for the money it is ok there are probably better ones available but definitely bad ones out there
It makes quite a difference and improves mpg

·
Registered
364 Posts
Anyone using the Rebellion box on an A220? Would love some feed back, as I am tempted

1 - 20 of 23 Posts