Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
@TTG I just watched your YouTube video on the Augmented Nav - great video BTW.

I couldn't help but notice that when you demonstrated the full-screen satnav view in the drivers display, that your map view was like looking through a pair of binoculars:

I thought to myself, I don't remember seeing that view before so I went and checked my own car and this is the view I see when selecting full screen satnav:

Just curious if anyone knows why the two views are different?

·
Registered
A200d Prem+ DAP
94 Posts
I don’t know the answer but view 1 looks like 2d zoomed in, whilst view 2 looks like 3d zoomed out?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don’t know the answer but view 1 looks like 2d zoomed in, whilst view 2 looks like 3d zoomed out?
@steve_3939 I was indeed, but @Reteb might be on to something. It might be the 2D view is as per the first screen shot and the 3D view is as per mine. I'll take a look at that a little later and have a play...

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
422 Posts
I wonder if this has something to do with the FU updates...? I also noticed the fonts for outside temp and time are slightly different. I get the “binocular” view in the first post, and don’t have any MBUX updates.

·
Registered
951 Posts
@ikon66 is your display configured for 2D or 3D views?
not sure as I never use that view to be honest but will check tomorrow if you want to know?

to answer the other post I’m on the original software, so no FUs from the dealer since I got the car in October 2018

·
Super Moderator
1,536 Posts
I’m sure mine used to be binoculars view but just checked and now it’s not. Also i was sure you could only get nav on right hand of screen now its in 2 places.
3252DCF6-12AC-4178-B4D8-0AAD0E62A5CE.jpeg
6CDA910E-5332-427D-9B0C-11CBA6177A0A.jpeg

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So yours is in 3D mode too @steve_3939. I wonder if that is the reason? I didn’t get a chance to play with mine to experiment yesterday so can’t confirm whether the 2D vs. 3D views make a difference...

·
Registered
2020 A35 Mountain Grey
34 Posts
I didn't want to give away my location with a screenshot but I've just had a play. On my drivers display full screen nav, in any mode (2D,2D North,3D) I've got the "binoculars" view. FYI I'm on FUP2

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I didn't want to give away my location with a screenshot but I've just had a play. On my drivers display full screen nav, in any mode (2D,2D North,3D) I've got the "binoculars" view. FYI I'm on FUP2
I'm on FUP2 as well. So far we seem to have deduced that the 2D/3D view doesn't seem to affect the display type, and neither does the Feature Update Pack version. This is very strange...

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Could this be something to do with whether you have the HUD as an option? I have the HUD, but perhaps those of you with the binoculars view don't...?

·
Super Moderator
2,243 Posts
It’s to do with display styles.

In Classic and Sport, you have circular dials, so the full screen map view has the outline of the circular “binnacle”.

In Supersport, there are no circular dials, hence no circular outline.

·
Super Moderator
1,536 Posts
Welll done. Is that a theory or have you tested it?
Just to add i was in supersport view and am running FUP3

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mystery solved. Well done Mr @veeeight! 🙇🏻

1 - 20 of 21 Posts