Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
A200d Premium+ DAP
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It’s a basic question but can anyone tell me how to increase the distance to the vehicle in front? Is it a press up of the steering wheel switch or down?
As neither seems to have an immediate effect, I’m unsure.
Is there somewhere that the chosen distance is displayed?

·
Registered
A200d Premium+ DAP
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Kamran.
I’ll have another play with this next time I’m in the car

·
Super Moderator
1,966 Posts
Pushing the switch UP (multi stage) decreases the distance to the car in front.

Pushing the switch DOWN (multi stage) puts more space between you and the car in front.

·
Registered
A200d Premium+ DAP
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks veeeight. The manual is useless in this respect and when you press the button there’s no immediate change that’s apparent. I’ll be back in the car over the weekend so will try this out with more confidence now I know how it works

·
Super Moderator
1,966 Posts
Push the button multiple times.
It will increase or decrease in increments.

Also have the display directly in front of you display the “Assistance” screen, this will give you a visual representation of the distance when you change it with the switch.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts

Also have the display directly in front of you display the “Assistance” screen, this will give you a visual representation of the distance when you change it with the switch.
Do we all have the distronic auto slow and stop as standard on the A45s. On the M23 roadworks I just wasn’t confident about it. Probably similarly to my not being confident about the auto park.

·
Super Moderator
1,966 Posts
Do we all have the distronic auto slow and stop as standard on the A45s. On the M23 roadworks I just wasn’t confident about it. Probably similarly to my not being confident about the auto park.
No you don’t.

Active Distance Distronic is part of the Driving Assistance Pack.

Still unsure if you can or can’t spec it, or part of it in A45/A45s.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Thanks for that. It’s what I thought. But there are so many hidden functions to our cars and due to the lock down it’s taking a lot longer to familiarise.

·
Registered
A200d Premium+ DAP
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

A new screen! Ah now it’s making sense! Didn’t see these additional screens in the driver’s display previously, but the “Assistance” screen makes everything clearer. Thanks again

1 - 11 of 11 Posts