Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts
After spending months evaluating this thread, I went ahead and did this to my A45 that already has PFL Led’s. I decided to make a mock loom for the sake of powering in the lights. I found that pins 2 and 7 power both sections of the rear light. I also didn’t connect pin 10 up to see what it done. No wires have been routed to my SAM unit and nor did I have any error codes which is a win for me ??

Attachments

Amazing thread this but does anyone know the original part numbers for the non-FL car (to make up adaptor harness) for a RHD car.

The connectors from the pre-facelift car that plug into the rear clusters part number (Right and Left) - not the newer FL ones

I would like to have this as a plug and play instead of messing around with the car hardess (this would be the car harness connection into a female connector (old style) then adapted to connect with the mail FL style connector) - a case of hacking apart the old rear clusters or has anyone done this without hacking apart the old loom?

Thanks - diagrams were a great help too

After spending months evaluating this thread, I went ahead and did this to my A45 that already has PFL Led’s. I decided to make a mock loom for the sake of powering in the lights. I found that pins 2 and 7 power both sections of the rear light. I also didn’t connect pin 10 up to see what it done. No wires have been routed to my SAM unit and nor did I have any error codes which is a win for me ??
Hi mate how did you get these to work

Hi mate how did you get these to work
sorry I’ve only just seen this, I made my own loom because I didn’t want to edit the OEM one by removing the wires. And the PFL plugs are a pain to take apart. But literally all you need to do is re route the wires to the new layout on the new light and add an extra one to accommodate the extra eyebrow

i know this is an old threat but im trying to loom my (rh) a45 pre fl to fl taillights.
Anybody that wants to share his color scheme to wire this half led to full led lights?
I tried to send azz and ifcrule1972 a message because they where in the same boat but not aloud to do that as i just registered.. :-(

i know this is an old threat but im trying to loom my (rh) a45 pre fl to fl taillights.
Anybody that wants to share his color scheme to wire this half led to full led lights?
I tried to send azz and ifcrule1972 a message because they where in the same boat but not aloud to do that as i just registered.. :-(
I used the wiring diagrams on this post.
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Technology

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Technology

41 - 57 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.