Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Just got this car and it's a great drive but at only 101bhp when I go to put my foot down it's not as quick as previous cars I've had. So I looked up remapping the car and it jumps from 101 bhp to 175 and 180nm of torque to 310. Was just wondering if anyones done this and if the car would handle that jump

·
Registered
MB A250 4M W177
235 Posts
Jump for 75% of HP and 72% of Nm is waaay to high value. Safe is 10-25% to not change anything in the engine or its components. But thats my op, some with much bigger knowledge of tuning let confirm or deny

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
See that's what I was thinking, have been on 5-6 different tuning websites and they are all saying the same thing

·
Registered
107 Posts
I think the numbers are a bit false, should call them to get a confirmation.
But A160, A180 and A200 use the same 1.3 Renault Engine, so in theory should be easy to upgrade from a limited A160 to something like A200 ballpark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Insurance companies take a very dim view, any warranty would be void. I know a responsible tuning company, where are you based ?

·
Registered
MB A250 4M W177
235 Posts
I think the numbers are a bit false, should call them to get a confirmation.
But A160, A180 and A200 use the same 1.3 Renault Engine, so in theory should be easy to upgrade from a limited A160 to something like A200 ballpark.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unfortunately nope, even same engine can look same but equipement which is with it will not be same, turbo, wires, pipes, ecu, fuel injectiors etc etc. On ex car Seat Leon 5F we got 1.4TSI EA211 with 122HP and 140HP and for first look they looked the same but looking at VAG ETKA parts, you will see differences between those engines. Its for sure ( 99% ) that turbo, intake, intercooler are not same

1 - 10 of 10 Posts