Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I'm very close to buying a new a250e but just wondering about its fuel economy when on the motorway. My commute is 120 miles of motorway without any traffic. So obviously I can only use the electric engine for ~40miles. I'm worried that a poor mpg for the remaining 80miles will offset any fuel saving (I get around 55mpg from my current car).

What kind of mpg do you guys get at motorway speeds?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hi
I'm very close to buying a new a250e but just wondering about its fuel economy when on the motorway. My commute is 120 miles of motorway without any traffic. So obviously I can only use the electric engine for ~40miles. I'm worried that a poor mpg for the remaining 80miles will offset any fuel saving (I get around 55mpg from my current car).

What kind of mpg do you guys get at motorway speeds?
Depending on speed, it will be very similar to your current car. I regularly do a similar journey and see a 'real' 55-60mpg when factoring in the cost of a battery charge too.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the a250e things to consider is the fuel tank is smaller so only cost around £35 to fill. MPG on motorway is decent especially if the battery is charged as the car will use battery power when you accelerate gently and you notice more electric range. As above you will be averaging around 50-60mpg depending on the road. Which is very similar to my astra k 1.5 cdti elite.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If getting 55 to 60 mpg but having to also pay for the electric charge this doesn’t really showing any saving over a petrol does it ?

·
Registered
349 Posts
When an A200 would do around 50mpg then it is beneficial. PHEVs are all about the shorter journeys though, I'm on for another 1500 miles between petrol station visits.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If getting 55 to 60 mpg but having to also pay for the electric charge this doesn’t really showing any saving over a petrol does it ?
55-60mpg is real life economy with air-conditioner on, music playing and am talking speed above 70mph. I guess what am trying to say is am not the most economical driver and am getting those figures. A charge can cost anything from Free- £2. Last two weeks I've used no petrol as my work provides free charge points.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts