Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

Dripping sound hitting metal surface

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  John Stratton 
#1 ·
Hey,

This may be completely normal, but my A200, Diesel seems to have a strange 'dripping' noise once I'm parked up. It sounds like a liquid dripping onto a metal surface.

My initial thoughts was the exhaust but I'm no car expert. I did raise this with MB on its last visit to them, but they found nothing.

Does anyone else hear this noise, its more obvious late at night when theres no traffic / movement.

#3 ·
Well I don't use the AC at all... I've probably used it once since I've had the car.(seeing as the weather in London is utter sh*t!)

Can it still produce such a liquid when using the normal heating without the a/c?

D

#4 ·
diri said:
Well I don't use the AC at all... I've probably used it once since I've had the car.(seeing as the weather in London is utter sh*t!)

Can it still produce such a liquid when using the normal heating without the a/c?

D
don't know to be honest but you should run your AC more often than not to keep it "fresh" that's what ive always been told over the years anyway lol. Mine is always switched on

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.