Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the iphone 5 with a 30 pin to lighting bolt adapter with the drive kit plus. I don't want to oder the drive kit plus unless i can be assured it works with the iPhone 5.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have been told that nothing in the car connection wise (only Bluetooth) will work with iPhone 5 and they have no plans to update this as yet, I too am a little disappointed as they are advertising the car as up with technology!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
The Drive Kit Plus doesn't work with the iPhone 5, only up to 4S. Don't think there are any plans to upgrade to the 5 yet.

Jan

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They will be updating to the iphone 5 as well as android phones later this year. Was set to be spring but i doubt it. Was just seeing if anyone new whether it would work with an adapter. Bit too eager at the mo. lol

·
Registered
93 Posts
Have you asked the dealer just what the situation is with iPhone5? Would you need an adapter as surely it doesn't require a cables connection to operate (charging yes!).
I would really doubt it would not work if it does with 4/4s! Famous last words though and it's a lot to spend if its not going to work properly for 6/8 months! Does any one know if music will stream via the std Audio20 Bluetooth??

·
Registered
17 Posts
I stream music from my iPhone 5 to the audio 20 without any problems. The drive kit plus and usb interface will not work with the iPhone 5 as apple has changed the connect from 30 pin to the lightening connector. In doing this they removed the analogue audio and video outputs which both the usb and drive kit plus uses. Everything is digital on the iPhone 5, so is not compatible.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thanks Hesy, that clears that up nicely for me. I was kind of hoping Drive Kit Plus did not require a cabled connection!
I will save my £800 I sure wife will find something to spend it on.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have ordered a new adaptor from Apple that outputs in both digital and analogue (has a covertor chip in the adaptor. Will let folks know if it works!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Will order this tomorrow instead of the audio 20 need to find out this officially could do with trying this out though i have the adapter.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Official word apparrantly

<h2 style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; width: auto; height: auto; font-family: CorporateSBold, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; color: rgb255, 255, 255; line-height: 18px; : rgb0, 0, 0;">Up-to-date information on the iPhone® 5</h2><br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; width: auto; height: auto; font-family: CorporateSRegular, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; color: rgb255, 255, 255; line-height: normal; : rgb0, 0, 0;">Please note that the current Drive Kit Plus only works for the iPhone® 4 and 4S. We are working on a solution for the iPhone® 5 at full speed, since changes must be made to both the hardware and the software. The solution for the iPhone® 5 will be available around the end of the year. There will also be a solution for changing over to the iPhone® 5 for a large part of the Drive Kits Plus that are already installed for the iPhone® 4/4S. Further information on this topic will follow in due course.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Official Wed siteDrive Kit Plus now available for iPhone® 5S / 5C / 5 / 4S / 4.

I have phoned MB and they are getting back to me on how I can upgrade mine..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts