Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I'm considering buying a Mercedes and now am configuring it on the website. I have the option to choose the Becker Navigation but on the other hand if the Drive Kit Plus navigation that i get is of the same (or better quality) I will probably opt for that.

Does anyone have experience with the Drive kit navigation? Is it any good? How does it compare to Becker?

Many thanks!

Dude

·
Registered
349 Posts
Nav on the drive kit is good I'm very happy with mine I have never used Becker just Tom Tom and its just as good i

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. Does it only work when your internet connection on the phone is on? Is it using google maps?

·
Registered
349 Posts
U have to have 3G . Garmin and Navteq are mentioned in the drive kit app so I think they provide the maps and nav.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi.. I don't believe you need Internet or 3g connection for the navigation to work.. all the maps are downloaded onto your phone so it just works in the same way as a garmin or tom tom..

I think the navigation is much better than Becker plus you have the bonus of using google maps & street view for POI's which work great but you do need the phone network connection & 3g for the google maps & street view

·
Registered
349 Posts
Thats good to know kevybabes I have always had good reception when in nav mode so assumed had 3GI suppose thinking about it, it would be a bit silly for it to work just on 3G

·
Registered
377 Posts
I think it just connects via your normal phone connection.... I've tried it with my old iphone 4 with app installed with the UK map download but with no sim and guess what.. doesn't work! :)

btw, Mbznut .... what audio system have you with the drive kit? do you also have a media interface?

still having issues with mine

·
Registered
349 Posts
Only audio 20 I didn't order the media interface just the drive kit plus. Have the aux and USB in armrest is that standard? I'm not sure? haven't tried them yet

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi.. I think it must be.. I ordered the audio 20 with the 6cd changer just so I could get the HK upgrade with the surround sound & it comes with a media interface connection in the armrest as well as the aux and USB. I also ordered the drive kit as you know which is supposed to connect via aux and is connected in the glove box.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hi yeah read the manual last night and played with it this am I think it's the media interface it works with a USB. I have been quite happy with the drive kit so havent played with anything else!I also didn't realise that if u press the disc button it takes u to the aux input ( drive kit etc) I was selecting aux via the wheel

I thought Merc were sorting out your problem

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I went to see a CLA today at the local dealership (in Germany) and the guy told me that he does not know when they will update the system to be compatible with iPhone 5. He says it's because Apple is unpredictable and closed-source and the system works with the iOS. He also thinks they will never make it compatible with Android. He owns an A Class and an iPhone himself but has opted for a Becker Navigation.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts