Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Peeps, anybody else having issues with drive kit plus??

Picked up my Engineered by AMG A250 yesterday... loving the car but frustrated with my digital lifestyle!

<ul>[*]firstly no audio from the AUX audio input used to connect my iphone 4S so can't listen to the radio or any of the music on my phone.. a pain as when using the navigation from your phone you can't listen any other music with digital drivestyle chosen (radio, media interface etc)[*]Secondly no idea how to use Siri with the kit to make calls or send texts etc, etc. nothing in the instruction booklet either?[/list]I have the audio 20 with the 6 disc change & not full blown Comand system.. if I find out that these missing options only work with that I'll be livid!!

I've been back to the dealer who are going to look into as soon as they can find anyone who know's anything about it....

·
Registered
31 Posts
I thought the drive kit plus was connected through a usb in the glove box (not the usb/aux port in the armrest) via a iphone 30 pin connector that goes directly into the audio 20 system.

Looking at videos on the internet the drive kit plus only seems to work the connection in the glove box so give that a try.

Edited by: joshabeckett

·
Registered
192 Posts
So you have the media interface? This should allow you to connect iPhone throught the connection in the centre consol
Have you tried to connect it through the Bluetooth ?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hi drive kit plus is an option, that connects in the glovebox, then u active the app on the phone. U can listen to music whilst in nav mode and u can read texts but not write them. Siri isn't available until an update is launched this month so Merc tell me.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Mbznut..... yep and a £700+ option at that by the time it is fitted...!! & yep this is the glove box apple connector that comes with the kit.. you do have to start the app from the phone but the audio def not working, must be an installation error by MB guys..

You should also be able to make calls etc, but this isn't enable either... I guess will just use the blue tooth for now until fixed

& for the other replies on here.. the media interface is different, this is in the centre console and working perfectly.. anyway , ho hum.. sure it will be resolved soon

·
Registered
349 Posts
Yeh audio should work, get em to sort it. Should it make calls when connected to the drive kit with Bluetooth off? Mine doesn't

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi guys so drive kit plus

Just picked up my Engineered by AMG yesterday
I have my drive kit plus in the Armrest
The Merc guys have said that there is an 2 options to connect
Option 1 glove box
Option 2 armrest

Everything working fine so far
And yes you should be able to play music from your iPhone or Internet radio and UPEO while you using the satnav
To make a call you have a 2 options
1.select phone on steering wheel than select contact to make a call
2.press radio button on the centre console to exit drive kit plus and than select the phone to make a call

Looking forward to Siri support
How do you know about this update anyway ?

Hope this help

Cheers

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi gents,

So does anyone know any more re this Siri support update and where can I get some info??

·
Registered
349 Posts
I emailed Germany and the support section ( on the iPhone drivekit plus app) as I was told Siri would work when I ordered it in November. There was an update in feb and they said Siri was due as an update ( via App Store ) around march.
I was told drive kit plus would not fit anywhere else other than the glove box and mine is in there.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi thanks for that, mine is also in the glove box... ~I'm sure the audio problem is down to the dealer fit. Have you the upgraded sound system?... I have a feeling it is related, I'm waiting for a call on Monday - they are just waiting for advice. I'll probably end up booking it in at Mercedes world, Brooklands.. not too far from me... I think I'll send an email as well, I noticed the support links

So with the Siri update I'm guessing you will activate via the lingatronic button on the steering wheel?

·
Registered
349 Posts
I was hoping the button on the wheel would activate it, I'm not sure?! The drive kit plus has nuance text to speak technology, I'm checking for updates in the App Store daily as I think it would be a very handy feature. Still a bit dubious about it all though my dealer didn't really know much at all about the drive kit but it sounds like some dealers haven't got a clue! I have audio 20 with the drive kit plus.I have just found the email about Siri, Mercedes Germany said around spring

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ill post some pictures later on showing drive kit plus installed in my armrest
Also cool feature
If you go in to Social and than Facebook you can watch the videos :)

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
you can watch posted videos on the facebook newsfeed?... I need more time to play with mine

·
Registered
349 Posts
Stick some piccies up vaptorx I was told glovebox was only option due to wiring. It's quite a big module with the two wires and apple connector for the glovebox, think I would of preferred it there though

·
Registered
46 Posts
kevybabes said:
you can watch posted videos on the facebook newsfeed?...  I need more time to play with mine
Yes you can hovewer not every video works
I think it only works when someone post video link from YouTube or upload video directly in to Facebook
Still working on this one
I've also tried to play videos via USB connection but no success

·
Registered
349 Posts
Thanks I wasn' t given that option did the dealer fit it or did it come from the factory like that?Edited by: Mbznut

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi mate

The this part was fitted at the MB Basingstoke
And yes drive kit plus it's a brand new stuff and they don't know much about this
The dealer asked me so I've selected the armrest location

No problems so far
The car I self it's awesome allot of power
I've moved from Civic 2.2

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I didn't get the armrest option but it would make more sense there especially as you have to lean across to the glove box and open the App etc... Which dealer fitted it? I'd like to put my dealer in touch with them ;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts