Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I have finally managed to order the drive kit plus. Has anyone else ? The man in parts wasn t too sure what I was on about till he contacted the head office!

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
This is for the integration with the iphone isn't it? It is something I am considering but have not ordered it.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi yeh full i phone ( 4 and 4s at present)integration with navigation they say there will be an android version and i phone 5 next year

·
Registered
40 Posts
By the way - what actually IS the Drive Kit Plus ? It's not clear from an online search - is it an attachment or piece of software ?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is an accessory ( not factory fit ) option for full i phone integration including phone ,texts,Facebook twitter Internet radio, music and google sat nav . Brings everything up on the cars display and charges the phone + a bit more, once the free app ( digital drive style app ) is installed on the phone. It has to be fitted by the dealer. I'm still awaiting the labour quote. I havent seen it but presume its just a module that connects to the back of the audio 20 system. Mercedes B ham ( Bham, Solihull and Tamworth ) can get it, so should be available nationwide.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
I think hardware wise it's some soft of adaptor to plug the iphone into and then combined with the app software.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hmm interesting, my dealer never mentioned this and he knew that I was big on gadgets! Hopefully there will be an Android version released, not ready to go back to iPhone yet...

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My MB dealer still isn t sure how to fit so cant quote cost for that yet and the drive kit plus is 457 + VAT. It is available now I have ordered it. I confirmed all of this with MB head office in Oct and ordered from my dealer in Nov. Tell your dealers to sort it out guys!

·
Registered
1 Posts
My dealer isn't clear on this at all, and has recommended the "media integration kit" instead of Drive Kit plus. After reading this I've sent further emails asking for clarification...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Have the app on my phone.. All I need is dealer to install the''bit'' to AUDIO 20 when car arrives...<div id="isChromeWebToolbarDiv" style="display:none">
<div id="isChromeWebToolbarDiv" style="display:none">

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have been having a go with my drive kit plus today. It works well. I think it is a great alternative to COMMAND and even the Becker. If you have an i phone it is good value. The navigation works very well, it plays your entire music library and does lots more including charging the phone.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I didn't go for the drive kit plus as my AMG Sport came with a USB port and aux port. I also don't use an i-phone so didn't think it was worth the investment.

I have connected my Samsung Galaxy S3 via bluetooth and can make phone calls and view text messages. However, I'm having issues finding my music which is a little frustrating... I've tried putting my music in different folders (internal + external memory) but still no luck! Would be good to know if anyone else has hooked up a non-iPhone to the system via bluetooth??

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yaemski said:
I didn't go for the drive kit plus as my AMG Sport came with a USB port and aux port. I also don't use an i-phone so didn't think it was worth the investment.

I have connected my Samsung Galaxy S3 via bluetooth and can make phone calls and view text messages. However, I'm having issues finding my music which is a little frustrating... I've tried putting my music in different folders (internal + external memory) but still no luck! Would be good to know if anyone else has hooked up a non-iPhone to the system via bluetooth??

Have you tried cycling through the "Disc" button on the main audio controls on the dash. Cycles through aux,usb and then should find your phone's music if the phone is connected via bluetooth.

I haven't yet found a way to display the tracks on the screen, and also it seems to be on constant repeat of each track, unless you slect next track through the "idrive" controller (what's the correct merc name for that thing !!). My phone is a blackberry 9360 - integrates well with address book uploaded. Not sure how to do voice control - if that's even an option.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Mbznut said:
My MB dealer still isn t sure how to fit so cant quote cost for that yet and the drive kit plus is 457 + VAT. It is available now I have ordered it. I confirmed all of this with MB head office in Oct and ordered from my dealer in Nov. Tell your dealers to sort it out guys!

I have just got a quote for this

Here is what I got !
I have re-checked with our parts Manager and the cost of
this unit fitted is

£688 plus VAT (£825.60 inclusive).

This is the best price we can offer for you</span>

</span>
Think I might mention the price you have been quoted</span>

</span>
Is there any Merc people on the forum who can tell us the price of the kit plus the cost of fitting?</span>

Edited by: floydy

1 - 20 of 39 Posts