Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Mbznut said:
Drive kit update available today with Siri ( apparently ) will try it in a bit

<div style="font: normal normal normal 12pxormal Arial, Tahoma, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; margin-left: 2px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; -: none; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; : rgb255, 255, 255; ">Hi Mbznut,

updated the app but still no Siri working from the steering wheel button?? let me know how you get on??

I always suspected you would need the full blown comand for the Siri voice activation to work which kind of defeats the object of getting the drive kit plus option in the first place... will be bloody annoyed if this is the case!! GRRRR!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine doesn't work either I have emailed them, I wont be impressed if Siri never works I was under the impression it would

·
Registered
377 Posts
I'm going to email as well.. did you send via the form on the App or straight to MB CS?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did it from the drive kit app. I have done it this way before and get a quicker response than Merc customer service

·
Registered
377 Posts
I've done both.. written a real snotogram re my HK & 5.1 not working to CS & now this..

from the App they just replied and asked which button I was trying...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just saw a video on YouTube about drive kit plus and siri support
They said that all iPhone features are available witch standard audio 20 setup
I don't think that you can use voice button to activate siri
But this should work from the main knob on the center console
I don't know how to make it works I've been trying in many different ways but no success
Any ideas guys ? Edited by: vaptorx

·
Registered
377 Posts
it should be via the voice button on the steering wheel... I believe this works with Becker without full comand but sure someone will confirm..

I think MB have dropped a boll*ck here actually.. but remain hopeful they resolve it so it works exactly how they have been marketing around the world during the last year..

if not I'll be writing to Dr Z.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have tried everything I can think of and can't get Siri to work. Will await mercs response to my email. Has anyone got the drive kit plus and command?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi guys just received email back from Drive Kit Plus support
See below

"We write further to your recent email communication. Please may we advise you contact the Service Department at your local Mercedes-Benz Retailer as they need to apply an update to the hardware of your vehicle to enable Siri to function with your Drive Kit."

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi vaptorx... yep I had the same message..

I'll be booking mine in today

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yes I can confirm this is for free just contacted my services team
I've booked my car for 29th April to do this update
It looks like that every update on the applications also needs to be done on drive kit plus hardware

·
Registered
46 Posts
My Drive Kit Plus is scheduled for an update Today
Ill post the results as soon ill get my car back
I hope that Siri will work after that ;)

·
Registered
377 Posts
good luck with that... look fwd to hearing the results later, mine is tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts