Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Update on faulty drivers screen
My Mercedes dealership have just informed me that this problem is a software issue, So I have booked my A200 in to be updated which should take around 30 minutes.
So I would suggest anyone who is having the same problem get in touch with their dealership and get your vehicle in for this very important update.

·
Registered
237 Posts
What does everyone have as their drivers display? There might be a bug with one of the options that is displayed on the drivers screen.

I have (from left to right); speedo, nav map, rev counter. Mine hasn't blacked out before.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Not had a problem with my screen, had the car for three weeks and been in all the screens numerous times. Did have a software bug with the Satnav not working which ended up having to have a reset and update, now I have a problem with Mercedes Me not connecting all the time, but never a black screen or any flickering.

I have a feeling that these problems are less of a software bug and more a bug on a corrupt update download that does not install correctly, a reset solves the problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not had a problem with my screen, had the car for three weeks and been in all the screens numerous times. Did have a software bug with the Satnav not working which ended up having to have a reset and update, now I have a problem with Mercedes Me not connecting all the time, but never a black screen or any flickering.

I have a feeling that these problems are less of a software bug and more a bug on a corrupt update download that does not install correctly, a reset solves the problem.
How did you perform the reset

·
Registered
101 Posts
Is there a way to see software/firmware version anywhere?

Btw you can go into mbux settings and turn off auto updates if you prefer

·
Registered
29 Posts
Update on faulty drivers screen
My Mercedes dealership have just informed me that this problem is a software issue, So I have booked my A200 in to be updated which should take around 30 minutes.
So I would suggest anyone who is having the same problem get in touch with their dealership and get your vehicle in for this very important update.
Did the dealership gave you more details? This week I will visit mine and I want to give them as much as information as possible. Btw, is the issue completly gone after the update?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Update

I just picked up my car yesterday after the dealership apparently re-installed the software in the car. It was supposed to take two hours and when I went to pick up the car they told me it wasn't ready because the installation would take 4 hours more! Unbelieveble...

Anyways despite the update my screen still goes black and reboots after the "update". I guess I'm gonna wait until the dealership really knows what the issue is.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Update

I just picked up my car yesterday after the dealership apparently re-installed the software in the car. It was supposed to take two hours and when I went to pick up the car they told me it wasn't ready because the installation would take 4 hours more! Unbelieveble...

Anyways despite the update my screen still goes black and reboots after the "update". I guess I'm gonna wait until the dealership really knows what the issue is.

I had mine reset and updated by the dealership, however still had problems. My screen was not going black my problem was no satnav, which was fixed with reset, then I had problem with online services being intermittent and with Bluetooth keep disconnecting. The dealer had it in the other day and gave it back saying that to fix the problems they needed an online manual disk, which is specific for each car, to be sent from Germany which will then install a fresh copy of the MBUX system.

I think it is like having Windows updating but still having the fault, sometimes you need to start afresh. Maybe this is what you dealer needs to do.

·
Registered
101 Posts
After nearly a month they managed to book me in to get a issue with air con and the centre screen sorted, got a 18 plate CLA AMG fully specd to use meanwhile!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Still have the same issue, but I noticed there´s something I can do to avoid it. Before switching on the car I click on the start system button (just clicking the touchpad) and the I turn on the car. By doing this I have never got the black screen.

One more thing I noticed is the radio sometimes disconnects, like the signal is lost, and then a couple of seconds later it returns. Anyone else has this?

·
Registered
101 Posts
My screen issue wasn't fixed either, looks like when I took mine in they just reset the car didn't put in the diagnosis tool or run any updates

·
Registered
29 Posts
My screen issue wasn't fixed either, looks like when I took mine in they just reset the car didn't put in the diagnosis tool or run any updates
Looks like they still have no idea what they are doing, I guess we have to wait until they get more experience with the car or this becomes a real claim to Mercedes (at least for the driver screen).

·
Registered
770 Posts
Take it to another dealer and ask then to get in touch with MB Technical support if they can.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Take it to another dealer and ask then to get in touch with MB Technical support if they can.
Emailed MB Customer Service directly instead a week ago. Received a call from my local dealer today and booked in to get software update to fix the issue.

·
Registered
85 Posts
One more thing I noticed is the radio sometimes disconnects, like the signal is lost, and then a couple of seconds later it returns. Anyone else has this?
This could be normal DAB behaviour when it looses the signal it will auto switch to the FM version of the signal. When it switches back you will often get a few words repeated as the DAB signal is a second or two behind the FM signal

·
Registered
29 Posts
By the way, now I got a new bug in the system, or another malfunction I would say. After driving back home and selecting reverse the screen went completely black, I put the car back on drive and the screen went back to normality. I tried a couple of times putting the car in reverse and every time the camera was supposed to show the screen went black. I turned off the car and tried again with the same result. A couple of hours later I turned on the car and the issue was gone. Two days from that and no sign of the issue, really strange. I took a video to show it to the dealership and see if they fix all the issues once for all.

·
Registered
8 Posts
By the way, now I got a new bug in the system, or another malfunction I would say. After driving back home and selecting reverse the screen went completely black, I put the car back on drive and the screen went back to normality. I tried a couple of times putting the car in reverse and every time the camera was supposed to show the screen went black. I turned off the car and tried again with the same result. A couple of hours later I turned on the car and the issue was gone. Two days from that and no sign of the issue, really strange. I took a video to show it to the dealership and see if they fix all the issues once for all.
HA! I have the complete opposite issue.

When I drive the car close to a wall or another car (e.g. during parking), the infotainment system displays the distance for 2 seconds followed by a complete bakout of the screen. If I put the car in reverse, the screen will turn on again.

I have talked to the local mercedes dealer, and they have booked for a service appointment this Friday. According to them it might be a SW issue, which also support the fact that many of us are experiencing this issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
My new A200 is now 11 days old and I have clocked up 650 miles and yes the drivers side screen stopped working I tried switching off the engine getting out and locking the vehicle and then getting back in and starting the vehicle many, many times but the screen just would not come on, this being very dangerous to drive as you cannot visually confirm which gear your in , if the indicators are working , what speed you are doing etc, so I phoned the dealership where I purchased it from and arranged to take it to them so they could sort this problem out. On setting off to the dealership low and behold the screen came back to life. I took the vehicle to the dealership with the working screen and they gave me a choice either leave my car with them or take it away and to give them a call if the fault arrises again, so I have brought the car home again and will see how it goes.
Any ideas what may be causing this problem. Its concerning that others have had the same problem and not just my screen being faulty.
I just had exactly the same fault this morning. A180d with connectivity package. Only 200 miles on the clock. All working after I left the car for 5 minutes

21 - 40 of 66 Posts