Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
So has this happened a few times on your car, seeing as you have had 5 software updates!? My car has only done this the once so far. It looks like the exact same problem, but I assume your car hasn't got the 2 x 10" screens?
I have the two 7” screens. The centre entertainment screen started first with crashing and glitching. Had 4 software updates on that and then the dash screen started going black. Had an update on that and then another just before Christmas then it did the circle thing on New Year’s Day.
Dealership are looking at replacing my car because if not it’s getting rejected.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,
Nice to have found this page. Have had the main screen failure over 10 times in 12 months. The car has been into the dealership on numerous occasions each time this was mentioned. They’ve always acted dumb, and it’s hard to show them an intermittent fault. they send me away with the software update.
Also now have an intermittent problem of the passenger door not opening from the inside, as if it’s on child lock. Maybe I’m doing something wrong.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My screen has failed to boot up on a few occasions. I switch off engine, open the door, close the door, lock the car, and then open it and all is fine. If you stay in the car you should see the screen go completely black as when it fails there is a very slight light in it and this needs to go off to ensure a rebooting of the screen.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My screen has failed to boot up on a few occasions. I switch off engine, open the door, close the door, lock the car, and then open it and all is fine. If you stay in the car you should see the screen go completely black as when it fails there is a very slight light in it and this needs to go off to ensure a rebooting of the screen.
I got out of mine twice and locked it, didn’t sort it for me unfortunately. Back working the next day though

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone, we just got our A250 with the dual 10" screens. We have had the driver screen gone off once, and the centre screen gone black when you put it to reverse. All cameras appear to be inoperative. We are planning on escalating this to the general manager of Mercedes in Australia after reading this thread. It seems to be a very common issue and it's dead unsafe to drive a car fearing it's screens going off at any point. I think everyone should do the same in their own regions, so Mercedes may issue a recall. It's disgraceful that you spent over $60K and wishing that you had got a Toyota corolla instead.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts