Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Believe it or not, this morning I saw my first other A35 driving along and the driver looked like an older gentleman. It got me wondering what the average age of a A35 owner is, only because 'when I were a lad' hot hatches were prominently owned by upwardly mobile people in their mid-twenties. Other than on YouTube, the only people I've seen with my own eyes driving an A35 is the aforementioned gent and myself, and I'm 46.

So just for a bit of fun, how old are you A35 owners and soon to be owners?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I’ve seen quite a few my me, most of them are driven by middle aged men, only seen one driven by someone who looked about 30 at the youngest.

I myself being 23 would love one, and it is a car that suits both young and old alike. But it’s expense, so it’ll be driven by those who are established in jobs.

So I’m guessing it’ll mostly be middle aged people who will have them. With the smaller minority being the twenty somethings and older people.

·
Registered
37 Posts
It's going my wife's car and she's 31. I'm 43 :grin:

Only seen one A35 on the roads around her so far and I know that is the dealers ex-demo, the guy who has it I would say is in his thirties too.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I bought my AMG A45 at age 68. I kept it 2 years. It was a bit too taut and techy for my taste, so now I'm back in a torquey 3 litre where I suppose I belong.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Not seen any at all. My wife and I are in our early 40s. It’s her daily car mine at the weekends.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I'm 51 and the missile is all mine.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Wife and I are both mid-fifties. I like to think I'm still "young" from a driving point of view, though! (although my back says otherwise when I'm extracting myself from a sports car!).

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So the results are in...

AThirtyFive = 46
BenAMG = 23
Mr NewBie123 = 43
Mrs NewBie123 = 31
Davws = 70?
bboy321 = 36
Mr nunp = circa. 42?
Mrs nunp = circa. 42?
Southwestwall = 51
Mr drcarrera = circa. 55?
Mrs drcarrera = circa. 55?

Even though they are not A35 owners I'm including BenAMG and Davws because they were good enough sports for replying to this 'very scientific survey'

So it turns out the average age of an AMG A35 owner is 45 years old

And what do I conclude from these results...

1) Modern hot hatches are too expensive for my assumed target market of mid-twenties (cost of car, insurance, etc.) The poor millennials are having a hard enough time trying to get on the housing the ladder, or even paying their rent, to have the surplus to spend on expensive cars - well unless you are a YouTuber :wink:
2) 40s are the new 20s :wink: :wink:

Anyone else want to add to the above...?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oooops :smile:

·
Registered
40 Posts
34. My Sun Yellow turns up next Friday! And amazingly I have spotted one that seems to live just up the road from me.. what are the chances?!

·
Registered
80 Posts
36 here.

My question is... like me, does anyone else have the a35 in black ??

I went for black too! Think it’s suits the car really well and it’s my first black car which I have found very difficult to keep clean

Anyway I’m 29 so got in there just before getting into my 30s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
36 here.

My question is... like me, does anyone else have the a35 in black ?? ?
Yes, A35 in black with aero kit :grin: Difficult to keep clean as above, mine has many water spots after weeks of rain and now a couple of stone chips :( but it has to be driven so it's inevitable.

Nice to see a variance of ages here

·
Registered
25 Posts
AThirtyFive you’ve hit it on the head! No idea how much it is a month for one but most younger people like myself are at uni, or just finishing it, 5 years done, hopefully can get one soon. Enjoy guys, I’ll see you around in my A180 ?

1 - 20 of 66 Posts