Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
There seems to be some cheap quotes here insurance is a funny thing think these need considering as well when quoting final cost.
excess - does anyone have less than £600 total voluntary and compulsory
No claims bonus used
milage- does anyone have more than 8k a year
legal fees - is this included in price
courtesy car - yes/no
relay - yes/no
cover: comprehensive/tpft
where car is kept overnight - garage /driveway/road
part of country you are in
windscreen glass sunroof cover
theft in car
personal injury cover
companies offering these good prices

·
Registered
2020 A35 AMG
85 Posts
There are so many different variables which impact insurance I find there’s not much point in speculating why some people get cheaper insurance than others.

·
Registered
2020 A35 AMG
85 Posts
well :cool:, let me bring that average down a bit. I'm 19. Based in Scotland. No, I don't know how it's cheaper to insure than a Fiesta ST. Just very worried about the renewal haha
All the different driver aids the A35 features could be one reason why it’s relatively cheap to insure. More driver aids, less chance you’re gonna crash.

Reactions: Jacques

·
Registered
80 Posts
Just very worried about the renewal haha
Just renewed mine (21) at the start of the month and Admiral initially quoted me 50% higher than the previous year. I obviously wasn’t going to have that so called them up and the lovely lady who’s name I of course forgot immediately managed to get it back down to only £25 more than last years which is incidentally the amount they decided to pay everyone back in the first national lockdown last year.

I’m not surprised the ST is more to insure to be honest, other than the Merc having more safety features there is a stigma surrounding that car that the A35 doesn’t have in comparison.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just renewed mine (21) at the start of the month and Admiral initially quoted me 50% higher than the previous year. I obviously wasn’t going to have that so called them up and the lovely lady who’s name I of course forgot immediately managed to get it back down to only £25 more than last years which is incidentally the amount they decided to pay everyone back in the first national lockdown last year.

I’m not surprised the ST is more to insure to be honest, other than the Merc having more safety features there is a stigma surrounding that car that the A35 doesn’t have in comparison.
I'm extremely worried about my renewal to be honest.. wondering what its going to be 😅

·
Registered
2 Posts
Believe it or not, this morning I saw my first other A35 driving along and the driver looked like an older gentleman. It got me wondering what the average age of a A35 owner is, only because 'when I were a lad' hot hatches were prominently owned by upwardly mobile people in their mid-twenties. Other than on YouTube, the only people I've seen with my own eyes driving an A35 is the aforementioned gent and myself, and I'm 46.

So just for a bit of fun, how old are you A35 owners and soon to be owners?

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I own an A35 sedan, and I am 58 but have the heart of a mid 30. Does that count in your survey ?

I just love this car.

·
Registered
W177 A35 Sun Yellow Prem Plus w/ Aero Kit, Driving Assist, HUD, AMG Ride Control. Prev. W177 A200
55 Posts
I got my sun yellow A35 at 21. I’m 22 now and paying £1800 in insurance. But I’m in south London so that’s to be expected

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
AThirtyFive = 46
@BenAMG = 23
Mr @Newbie123 = 43
Mrs @Newbie123 = 31
@bboy321 = 36
Mr @nunp = circa. 42?
Mrs @nunp = circa. 42?
@Southwestwall = 51
Mr @drcarrera = circa. 55?
Mrs @drcarrera = circa. 55?
@rokut = 34
@Nitro = 36
@PM1368 = 29
@jayz-amg = 25
@a35adam = 21
Mr @forest172 = 43
Mrs @forest172 = 39
@Scotty35 = 36
@RichA35 = 41
Mr @Kirk_88 = 30
Mrs @Kirk_88 = 29
@steve_3939 = 56
@Russamg = 60
@Davws = 69
@sunscreemer = 44
@Myrbasen = 33
Mr @KarlS = 44
Mrs @KarlS = 39
Mrs @ljw350 = 37
Mr @ljw350 = 36
Mr @Rachet = 51
Mrs @Rachet = 49
@Mboyle22 = 22
@EXSKIN111 = 52
@GJ2808 = 52
@Jayjet17 = 22
@Jayjet17's BBF = 22
@748rdave = 65
@Johnny Bravo = 57
@bwalledge = 48
@Mistercesq = 35
Mr @Screemer = 44
Mrs @Screemer = 45
@Tank_A35 = 29
@A200000 = 19
@A200000's friend = 20
@JamesAC123 = 28
@ipd56 = 49
@bRidgo = 29
@A35AMG1992 = 28
@Jacques = 19
@GingerPolo = 21
@Jaegggg = 19
@Mickoregan = 59
@Bert = 58 (you're going down as 58 not 30 I'm afraid Bert)
@sr3rad = 78
@Balenciagha = 21

A few young'uns have joined the survey since the last tally bringing the average down a couple of years. Revised average age 2,247/57 = 39 years old

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·

·
Registered
103 Posts
So the results are in...

AThirtyFive = 46
BenAMG = 23
Mr NewBie123 = 43
Mrs NewBie123 = 31
Davws = 70?
bboy321 = 36
Mr nunp = circa. 42?
Mrs nunp = circa. 42?
Southwestwall = 51
Mr drcarrera = circa. 55?
Mrs drcarrera = circa. 55?

Even though they are not A35 owners I'm including BenAMG and Davws because they were good enough sports for replying to this 'very scientific survey'

So it turns out the average age of an AMG A35 owner is 45 years old

And what do I conclude from these results...

1) Modern hot hatches are too expensive for my assumed target market of mid-twenties (cost of car, insurance, etc.) The poor millennials are having a hard enough time trying to get on the housing the ladder, or even paying their rent, to have the surplus to spend on expensive cars - well unless you are a YouTuber 😉
2) 40s are the new 20s 😉 😉

Anyone else want to add to the above...?
Another 51 here..... 😄

61 - 80 of 82 Posts