Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after a 6 month wait my Engineered arrived at dealers on Friday. I was due to go and collect it tomorrow, but out of excitement asked the dealer for some photos, and turns out my car is white!! It was meant to be south seas blue, and all my order confirmations etc say south seas blue too. Oh dear....

The dealer has been looking into it all day and it turns out there has been a mistake on their end and for some reason they out my order through as white, not blue

They have offered me to keep the white one and said they will give me something by means of a goodwill gesture, but as of yet have not said what. They also said I could reject it and they could order a blue one but I would not have it until Aug / Sept earliest, and in meantime they will give me some other car, but couldn't say which car.

What a mess, after 6 months of waiting!!!!

I am trying to get them to give me the white one while I wait for a blue, but they are as of yet not saying much. Staying very tight lipped. Don't think they have a clue what to do.

Family are all saying just take the white and ask then for a very good incentive to keep it, but its not the colour I fell in love with :(

·
Registered
205 Posts
If you really want the blue, don't accept white. Tell them you want a courtesy car while you're waiting for the correct order to come. It'll be worth it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well they didn't even have the courtesy to call me back before they shut for the day, despite me leaning umpteen messages for an update.

Lets see what tomorrow brings

·
Registered
192 Posts
Contact mb direct they are very good I got better answer from them they have more say as its their rep on the line the dealer really has nothing to do with mb direct as they are just selling a product, mb will offer compo or will fast track a replacement I would say

·
Registered
100 Posts
If your heart is set on blue and you can suffer the wait then I would reject it. As others say contact MB, after all its their product you are buying, dealers come and go and change allegience but still demand some compensation and fast tracked order for the error. Good luck.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Man I feel for you, that is a bummer!

If it were me I would:

A) If not bothered about colour keep white but demand a HUNK of a discount for your troubles and their complete incompetence, not just a free jacket.
B) If heart set on SouthSea Blue, tell them bollo**s and that you want an SLK or *insert other sick merc* on your drive with free tax until your blue one arrives and it needs to be fast tracked. Like others said, will be worth the wait.

And deffo go to MB direct and stamp your feet hard.

Let us know how you get on. Bad customer service not calling you bad - my pet hate.

Good luck zazaz

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, been on the phone all day literally. The problem is that it was ordered via a leasing company, so they are the customer, not me. I called MB UK who said that the leasing company would need to raise the issue with them, as they are the buyer of the car.

Update is that the mistake lay with the parent company of the dealer (Pendragon). They are one of the biggest car dealership owners in the UK. I have been dealing with 1 of their higher up people all of today, and they are offering me the below:

- Cheque worth around £1,000 (roughly 3 months of payments) if I agree to keep the white one
- Fast Track order me a blue one. It would be here in August. Give me a free car until then.

I am going with the second option, as I don't want a car for 2 years in a colour I did not want. I am trying to get them to source me a engineered to give me in the interim, but no luck as of yet. Looking like it will be a 3 series BMW.

So looks like I will have a BMW for 3 months, while my South Seas Blue one is fast tracked

·
Registered
297 Posts
good on ya zazaz! bummed for you mate.. but hope it all gets fixed soon! yeah that cheque isn't gonna buy your satisfaction on wrong color... unless... it was 50k, then yea it's a different story altogether then.
cheer up chap! while you drive a bmw out of courtesy millions of lives are in hunger elsewhere. Just on the upside.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It has turned out even better - they have sorted me out with a Jaguar XF! They are delivering it to me on Tuesday, and have re-ordered my South Seas Blue Engineered. Trying to get them to give me a free panoramic roof as a further goodwill gesture, but may be pushing it seeing as they are already giving me a Jaguar!

·
Registered
629 Posts
The Jag should ease the pain. Good decision not to accept the cheque - very poor offer that as the white one would be £550 cheaper than your blue anyhow.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
update - been on the phones to all parties involved for most of the day again demanding freebies on my new car due to the mess up. The problem is that the mess up was on the dealers side, and not the leasing co's side - so the leasing co won't do anything as it is not their mistake, and have thrown all the onus on the dealer. Rightly so.

I have been dealing with the director of the whole dealer network, and have been asking them to add free extras onto the re-order of my car, however they say the cannot stretch this far as they are already giving me the courtesy Jag & BM from now until my actual car arrives in August / September. They say if I do not want the courtesy car, then they can put the money towards freebies on my new car instead.

I decided to take the courtesy car option - as it will be fun having a few fancy cars in the coming months, plus saves me the cost of having to buy / lease a runaround car

Have to say, they have bent over backwards for me over the past 48 hours since the mistake came to light. Still pretty annoyed at the fact I am having to wait even longer for my car, when i really should be sat staring at it in the drive just now, but putting me into a Jag / BM until it arrives isn't a bad result is it

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sounds like they've a good job of making good on their mistake and a 63 plate versus a 13 isn't a bad thing to end up with.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Further Update - the dealer network (Stratstone) who was supplying my vehicle today had a look at their UK stock due in for the showroom floors, and saw that they have 2 south seas blue engineered's coming in very soon. One is the exact same spec that I ordered and is coming in 3rd week of June and the other is the same but with command and is coming in next week.

I tried twisting their arm into giving me the one with command next week, but they are obviously trying to limit their loss, and so said that they would rather give me the Jag whilst I wait for the one coming in 3rd week of June.

So I settled for it, and have the Jag coming to me on Tuesday and they have tagged my name onto the Engineered coming in 3rd week of June, which has the exact same spec that I ordered in January (Reversing Camera & AMG Exclusive)

Been pretty impressed with their handling of the situation following their **** up

Do feel they could bend over backwards and give me more extras in the light of their mess up (ie, the one with command coming next week), but with the demand on the A-Class they know they don't really need my business as someone will easily take the car if I don't. They also know that I cannot really go elsewhere, as the price I am getting on it from the leasing co is pretty **** cheap!

Edited by: zazaz

·
Registered
373 Posts
fun and games hey!!

posted a message in the other thread you posted but well worth waiting for what you want it think. Mistakes happen, but ultimately you will end up in the car you want eventually and all will be forgotten!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts