Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Happened to me to. Mercedes fixed it first time round then a while later it came back. They are now saying it's worse because they've found a coffee/liquid mark near the knob. Anyone know more about this problem?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Already Change the Knop, still flashing...:( . Some1 i know already has change the Control Unit and payed 600€. After 2 Weeks Flashing is comming back...WTF?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Already Change the Knop, still flashing...:( . Some1 i know already has change the Control Unit and payed 600€. After 2 Weeks Flashing is comming back...WTF?
Hello everyone,

I know it's an old thread but I noticed the same issue in mine (y2018) yesterday. It only happens when the car is switched off and locked and after 30-40 secs.
I passed by my dealer today but they didn't manage to find anything in the diagnostic check up and I didn't get any additional info.

Since the last post is 9 months ago did anyone found a clear answer about this?
Is there a chance that this is related to the alarm?

Thank you all

·
Super Moderator
4,482 Posts
Hello everyone,

I know it's an old thread but I noticed the same issue in mine (y2018) yesterday. It only happens when the car is switched off and locked and after 30-40 secs.
I passed by my dealer today but they didn't manage to find anything in the diagnostic check up and I didn't get any additional info.

Since the last post is 9 months ago did anyone found a clear answer about this?
Is there a chance that this is related to the alarm?

Thank you all
While response #14 wasn't a permanent fix on his car it may still be worth trying it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
While response #14 wasn't a permanent fix on his car it may still be worth trying it.
Thank you for your quick response.

Unfortunately, I already visited my dealer and they said that a reset isn't necessary.... I think that they don't really know the cause or even if this is normal in some cases.
They also said, though, that they will send an official request about this to Mercedes DE and they will inform me (I will share any info asap).

I think maybe I'll try another official Mercedes partner too to get extra info, if any.

My problem, as everyone else here I suppose, is exactly this luck of clear answer on these annoying problems, even from the official dealers.

If anyone else managed to get some more info or a clear answer I would be grateful to learn about it.

Thanks again

·
Super Moderator
4,007 Posts
The 2 people I know that had this issue, the dealer workshop sorted it out. They updated the gearbox software and performed a gearbox reset and initial adaptation.

·
Registered
6 Posts
A trip to the dealer or seems. Can i still drive it as this is my daily so will need to drive it till i get the dealer?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Heya, any news to solve this problem? My Dealer said Gearbox reset wont fix this issue. I know now 2 Peoples on German AMg Owner's Club the already got Gearbox resets too and didn't fix this. What about the Batterie? How much Volt u guys got after 12h parking? My Xentry told me always " Change the Batterie. Volt to low " but i didn't change after a Year.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts