Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If any of you have read my previous posts, you will know that I have had a A250 Engineered (South Seas Blue) on order since January. I was originally told mid-June delivery, then a few weeks ago it got delayed to OCTOBER due to a lack of build slots, then the dealer managed to secure me an early build slot and I was told I will have it end of June again. Rollercoaster indeed!

I was a bit dubious due to the fact that it had been delayed already and would not have believed the end of June delivery until the car went in for build

Well.....I have just had a call from the dealer 5 minutes ago to say that they had a cancelled build slot with amendable spec, and I was next on the list so it was allocated to me and my car has GONE IN TO BUILD

Arrives into the UK on 20th May, and I will have it within 1 week of that

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Lovely surprise for you, zazaz! The days will fly by!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Car has today arrived at the port in Belgium, and is landing at the UK Port on Monday 20th May. I have my VIN number and dealer tells me it will be ready for me to collect latest 31st May by the time it has made it's way to them and has been prepped to drive away etc

31st suits me perfectly, as I am off work

Can't wait to start posting my actual experiences on here, rather than just pre-delivery comments!

A little bit nervous about switching back from a petrol from 3 years on a diesel, especially considering the miles I rack up, but hey - you only live once!

·
Registered
373 Posts
congrats zazaz!! My engineered was tracked by my dealer today and is in zeebrugge as well. He said he would be very surprised if it didn't arrive at the dealership by wed to fri latest. Maybe there's a waiting list at the port too lol!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hope mine arrives earlier to Reza - so far my dealer has been giving me worst case scenarios so as not to get my hopes up! I was told I would have it end of June, so getting it in the next week or so is a nice bonus.

Which dealer are you getting it from? Timing could not be better for a summer drive around!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Getting mine from the Hertford dealer .... still cant believe after the long wait we have had, that it is actually nearly here. Ordered mine in Jan too. Waiting till October would have been horrendous!!

I hear you about the timing, lets just hope we get a decent summer hey!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Been hearing alot about long waits. i ordered mine last week, and is due to be delivered for July 14th. The dealer has re-assured me it WILL arrive on time. Just hope he is correct, i just cant wait any longer. 2months wait is bad enough!!!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Congrats Zaza! Wow, that phonecall must've made your day huh? haha, have a good summer journey with your new A250! Oh and... yes it'll suck a bit more petrol, but hey you get a heck of a good time in the car so i think the indifference is worth it. haha

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
timzb said:
Been hearing alot about long waits. i ordered mine last week, and is due to be delivered for July 14th. The dealer has re-assured me it WILL arrive on time. Just hope he is correct, i just cant wait any longer. 2months wait is bad enough!!! 

Congrats on the order!

There seems to be a lot of variance between lead times on the A-class, and it all really boils down to each individual dealers allocation of build slots. Some are taking order after order and promising unrealistic delivery times just to secure orders, whilst others are sticking to their allocation and giving more realistic lead times

In a nutshell, a dealer who has a built slot available can take an order far later than one who doesn't, and deliver the car earlier too - which may be the case for you. The original dealer I ordered with in January (Boston) told me that I would have it in June, but then got delayed to October as they had over ordered by a mile, but then when my order was changed (only 4 weeks ago) to the Leeds dealer, they had an available build slot which I was allocated and I get my car next week!

It basically means that someone ordering an A-class from Boston in January will not be getting it until October, but someone who ordered one in April from Leeds will have it by now literally!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Congrats on you good news zazaz! Mine took 5 months toarrive but now I have it the wait is forgotten

1 - 11 of 11 Posts