Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered on the 4th of Jan and the wait is killing me. Today was the original delivery date that was allocated, but it was changed by the company car provider pretty quick. Still got until the 20th May until delivery, is anyone else still suffering like this?

I was hoping that they might bump this forward a little to "exceed" my expectations but no luck so far.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I ordered mine early December. Was originally given a date of 5th April by the lease company but this was then put back to 30th June.

It's been a loooooooong wait...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ordered at the beginning of December. The car arrived in the UK this week and it's being delivered on Tuesday.</span>

</span>
Pretty much spot on with the date I was given once my order was confirmed.</span>

·
Registered
205 Posts
Ordered late January, original date of April 10th, but is now May14th.

I think I've got pretty good patience (probably from a long, drawn out house renovation I did a couple of years ago!) so I'm not counting the days. Also going on holiday for a week next weekend, then will pick my car up on the 17th as long as the dealer got it on the 14th.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You guys are lucky compared to chaps like me from Hong KongI placed my order for A250 EnAMG in Nov last year, I am still waiting...and more importantly, the car hasn't even started to be manufactured yet until this very moment....

·
Registered
111 Posts
Wow....these are very long waits.

I ordered my engineered start of April and have been advised for delivery on 25th May......

·
Registered
61 Posts
First post guys, just registered. I may be able to shed some light on the varying delivery times given to people with these cars on order

I placed an order for a A250 Engineered late in January via a leasing company, and was told that I would have it mid-June. However 2 weeks ago I got a call saying there had been a delay and I would not have it until OCTOBER. I almost fainted when I heard this, so kicked up a fuss with the leasing company and said I would be canceling my order for the A-Class and the order for my Fathers new car too unless they sharpened their pencil a bit.

They told me that each dealer is given an allocated number of build slots per model of vehicle, and the garage that they order their Mercs from had reached their allocation limit for the A-Class, hence the delay. I told them this was not my problem, and they then went away and found a dealer who still had available build slots on the A-Class for around about my original delivery date, and transferred my order to them.

So after much commotion, I am getting my A250 Engineered mid-June

So basically the differing delivery times are all down to how many orders the dealer has received, as this determines if they have build slots free or not

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good to see you were able to kick up a stink and get something done about it.

I drive right past the garage on the way to work so it's not doing my patience any good.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Daaaayum.. long wait fellas.. I think i got lucky and came at the right time.Ordered late Feb and I'm getting mine 12th of May, the car is already in the showroom but due to some finance i will only be able to get it on the 12th (or somewhere close there!) excited, be patient the rest of you.

PS: I got the last built car on the May delivery batch, so i really did get lucky.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts