Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The best result I got from the Eco driving score is only around 65%.

No matter how I carefully drive my A250 sport, I could only achieve really low marks on Smooth driving. Does anyone know how to improve on this score?

By the way, acceleration and coasting are nearly full marks all the time. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Hi g11, I don't understand the gauge enough yet to work it out! I am having good marks for smooth driving and acceleration but varying marks for coasting! It's difficult to keep the acceleration going in traffic, or when the speed is too fast! Any suggestions? I'm sure the 'great' male drivers on here can tell me! Lol! By the way, I've had up to 86% for my Eco driving score! This is in the Engineered byAMG!Edited by: Lynne

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've had it as high as 83%, highest mpg on a journey so far is 60.1mpg with my average from reset being 53mpg, just over 400miles on the clock

Considering I spend a fair amount of time sat in traffic I'm rather impressed

·
Registered
109 Posts
I can get 100% on mine. Try driving bare foot!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess just because my trip to work is only 17km and is 100% city driving, it is the traffic condition that is making my smooth driving mark so low. Haha, can't match your scores anyway.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
How can I better the 'coasting' score? My other scores are 100% more or less!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Thank you Millsy, I haven't been able to do that yet. Will try it soon? Haven't done many 'fast" routes yet! The other gauges are good so hopefully the coasting figures will improve! Thanks again!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Played this game a few times but got wound up when I once had to brake from 60mph on a dual carriageway due to lights and I lost about 5% in one go - Didn't even brake overly sharply!

Suppose I could have run the red light on cruise control to improve my figure!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Guess I'm lucky 53 km highway 2 km smaller roads gives good figures if you drive with an egg under the accelerator ;-)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts