Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With Gridserve now updating all of Ecotricitys old forecourt chargers with new CCS units this means that I can no longer charge at service stations when on motorway journeys. I know that my car doesn’t have DC charging built in as standard but does anyone know if Mercedes can remove the CCS flap so I can at least insert the plug and use the AC part.
Cheers

·
Registered
360 Posts
With Gridserve now updating all of Ecotricitys old forecourt chargers with new CCS units this means that I can no longer charge at service stations when on motorway journeys. I know that my car doesn’t have DC charging built in as standard but does anyone know if Mercedes can remove the CCS flap so I can at least insert the plug and use the AC part.
Cheers
A CCS plug doesn't have the AC power cables. By definition, CCS is for DC charging.

In the image below, you can see the 'missing' pins from the CCS which are the 3 positive and 1 negative pins for AC connections.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Excellent, all the electric highway chargers completely unusable for all A250e drivers from now on then 🤦🏻‍♂️

1 - 5 of 5 Posts