Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guy and girls. Im wondering if anyone has experienced a similar problem with their car -

Either when going uphill or when carrying a lot of passengers the engine will sometimes just cut out and the fuel level drop by about 1/4 (slowly moving back up over time).

The car is modified and we thought it was due to the gearbox hitting a torque limit. We messed around with the map and the garage recently said they put the stock map back on and still had the problem. After investigation (despite having the car back a dozen times) they say its an issue with the power control module. I dont get any errors on the dash and i can turn the car straight back on.

The garage has advised its north of £1000 to fix. If anyone has experience of this problem I'd appreciate a chat!!

2013 Mercedes A250

·
Registered
436 Posts
Fuel pump? Fuel filter?

I'm no mechanic, it's just that my old work van would die under excess load/hills when the fuel pump was dying.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guy and girls. Im wondering if anyone has experienced a similar problem with their car -

Either when going uphill or when carrying a lot of passengers the engine will sometimes just cut out and the fuel level drop by about 1/4 (slowly moving back up over time).

The car is modified and we thought it was due to the gearbox hitting a torque limit. We messed around with the map and the garage recently said they put the stock map back on and still had the problem. After investigation (despite having the car back a dozen times) they say its an issue with the power control module. I dont get any errors on the dash and i can turn the car straight back on.

The garage has advised its north of £1000 to fix. If anyone has experience of this problem I'd appreciate a chat!!

2013 Mercedes A250
I have an 45 2015 and I have the same problem while driving uphill , the car cuts power and I have to stop because the check engine was on . I changed the low pressure and the high pressure fuel pump and even the injectors and the fuel rail pressure sensor and the crankshaft position sensor and the car still have the problem. The car still give the code P0087 fuel pressure too low .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts