Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked my A200 AMG Sport up on Wednesday night and already I've got a problem...only 60miles on the clock and the engine diagnosis warning light is on.

Came on during a motorway jouney home from work. Dealer is getting a call first thing tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Petrol. Isn't driving noticeably different. They can't see me until Monday so will let you know.

·
Registered
629 Posts
GNo said:
Petrol. Isn't driving noticeably different. They can't see me until Monday so will let you know.
Now that would get my back up - they should be sorting this for you TODAY!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Possibly consider ringing the Merc Auto Assistance - you don't wanna be driving round doing damage to your car.

·
Registered
373 Posts
another vote for not driving it until looked at ... apart from like an old granny to the garage on monday if you decide not to go down the assist route.

good luck!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Advice over the phone was to drive it unless something was noticably wrong and call merc assistance if there was.
I had to get to work on Friday (6 mile round trip) and yeah drove it like it was on ice.

Doesn't fill me with confidence. Will see what happens on Monday.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So the car went into MB this morning and they gave me a C class courtesy car free of charge.

I received a phone call at 3pm from the servicing team to inform me that they are unsure what is wrong with the car. They are not familiar with the fault code/don't know how to fix it.

They have had a raise a case with MB to seek further asssistnace. They stated it could up to 72 hours until they hear back from them.

Joy.

Edited by: GNo

·
Registered
629 Posts
Yup - us early adopters do run the risk of things occasionaly going pear shaped.
Hope they get it sorted first time.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm sorry to hear, still at least they gave you a Merc and not some 107 or Panda whilts it's solved.
The broken Avis-supplied A180 is still parked up withAvis and still has the engine light issue - they haven't worked out how to fix it or what the problem is either.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
UPDATE:

MB called today and they have been told by HQ to order a new exhuast gas temp sensor. This should arrive and be fitted tomorrow. HQ said that they will need to analyse some data coming back from the sensor/ecu to be sure that's what was causing the problem.

It sounds like they are just using a knoledge base system to diagnose the problem, so if this doesn't cure it, it'll be onto the next suggestion.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
MB fit a new exhaust temp sensor yesterday and the managemnt light went out. They wanted to keep it overnight to perform a cold start/motorway run in the morning.

Just got a call from them there and everything appears okay. Fingers crossed that's it all sorted.

Glad to be getting her back.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Will do mate.

On the plus side they gave me a full tank of fuel

·
Registered
80 Posts
Excellent news that it is all sorted and that it's only a sensor, at least nothing major... Seems like they provided you a decent service overall too.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts