Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

so bought an A200d amg line premium 2016 auto with 80k on last week from a Mercedes dealership very clean car good service history and was serviced by Mercedes prior to collection, while driving home around 70 miles or so the last few miles I was unable to change up or down on the paddles in all modes so left it until the next day and all was fine for a while but then it’s happened again so turned off the engine started it again and the paddles worked but now the engine light is on but drives fine, I do have warranty and have phoned Mercedes but have to call back on Monday, very strange and not a good start in the first 150 miles of ownership really gutted as I love the car but this has taken the shine off it : ( has anyone else had anything similar happen to them?
Thanks
Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Vehicle registration plate

·
Super Moderator
5,771 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Hopefully MB will sort it out quite quickly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks buddy I’ve tried the tcu reset but didn’t work.. the car is in at Mercedes they called me yesterday regarding the paddle issue and engine light saying they’ve driven the car and doesn’t seem to be any issues regarding the paddle shifters and the engine light is due to the exhaust flap on the exhaust which they will replace under warranty but it’s on back order and don’t have a date : ( but they assure me it’s fine to drive. On the plus side they have loaned me an A35 AMG 😬

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bit of an update.. the car is in at Mercedes they have called me and apparently the faulty exhaust flap is causing the gearbox to go into a limp mode after a certain amount of time of driving, The new exhaust should be here in the next 7 days but they are confident this will cure the issue 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
70 Posts
If we focus on the positive, you get a new exhaust on a car from 2016, not bad;)
But yes a little sad it´s already in the workshop. Can you drive it or do you have to wait until it is changed?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If we focus on the positive, you get a new exhaust on a car from 2016, not bad;)
But yes a little sad it´s already in the workshop. Can you drive it or do you have to wait until it is changed?
they are keeping the car until the new exhaust arrives later in the week, my concern is how can the exhaust flap cause the gearbox issue?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts