Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum so hi to all !

Am waiting for my A250 'Engineered by AMG'. Have been given a December 10th build date. Anyone know if they are running to build schedule ?

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Hi and welcome to the site! -'Engineered by AMG' - very nice
</span>
</span>
Any colour or options?

As far as I am aware they have increased capacity to cope with demand - I'm hoping this means there are no delays but on another post they have been told automatics are arriving quicker than manuals.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, and thanks Dan

It's in Mountain Grey with AMG Exclusive package. Ordered back in July and it's been a long wait !

Just heard there are one month delays for 'new orders'.

Hopefully MB will meet its December build estimate but I'll keep the forum posted.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
February seems quite late. Many who have ordered this month are being given December slots so I'm told. Depends on the model designation perhaps.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Im told its because its a manual and the vast majority they build are automatic. I think its being built in late January but delivered in early February. I don't mind too much as my company car which this is replacing does to end till March 1st.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah - that makes sense. Not such a frustrating wait for you then ! Also December is the worst time to sell a used car so going to be tricky getting rid of the Audi A3

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just got my projected build and delivery date update - It's slipped a bit - Build on the 10th with delivery between the 17th and New Year's eve. The factory can delay delivery at the last minute during Christmas and New Year period. Am hoping not. would be good to drive off pre Christmas -although MB dealer says 'don't count on it'.

Anyone else got December delivery estimates ?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Beginning of December's pretty good. You must have been one of the first to order. Is it manual or automatic ?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Me too. Let me know when you get delivery so I can ask my dealer to hurry things up. I ordered July so shouldn't be that far behind yours.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's pretty quick.. Do you know your build date and whether the new delivery date is ahead of schedule ?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hi Drennan I have no idea of build dates just goin on delivery date the salesman quotes. He told me today they have had a white demo 'engineered by amg' in this week, which they are keeping, but no customer cars.I hope I will be one of my dealers first, as I was the dealers first order for the new a class

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You've done well there. A 10th December delivery means an end of November build date - which I didn't think was possible for the UK allocations. (build date is typically around 14 days or so before delivery apparently.)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts