Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<video controls="" autoplay="" name="media"><source ="http://www.aclub.co.uk/forum/uploads/39/Memo.mp3" ="audio/mpeg"></video> I don t think that worked!Edited by: Mbznut

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for letting me know jyu I have just been trying to find my old laptop to check it and maybe do it again. I know it's not fantastic but it gives a rough idea

·
Registered
90 Posts
Has anyone foundthe samedifference as me on exhaust note between early published clips (from test drive in Slovenia) and new clips (captured using cameras mounted on mass production car). Check below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKG3RMK__dc

Clearly a "pop" or so called "burst"when changing gear

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3-FKOOzg7A

No "pop" when changing gear

Did Merc or AMG change something on this?

Personally, I would prefer the one with "pop" since it makes you feel the car is more sporty.

·
Registered
373 Posts
how frustrating ... cant listen to them. Saving and playing with WMP, no joy. Tried an ancient version of itunes, no joy.

Thank you very much though buddy for making the effort to record and post these ... it might be this laptop running vista ... will have to try the other one which is W7 .... maybe this one is too out of date??

·
Registered
373 Posts
finally .... worked fine on my newer laptop!! ..

Is that a little DV noise i can here on the second clip? Didnt expect that, thought it'd be as good as silent.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's definitely getting louder. I think it may be temperature related. It was 10° C today and sounded fantastic!

·
Registered
373 Posts
ding f#kin dong!!!!!! thats the best news ive had all day lol.

On a serious note ive always found my exhaust systems to improve with miles on them. Once all the sound deadening material gets filled with particles i think they become somewhat less effective and therefore sound better and more solid. No idea if there is any truth to that but it makes sense to me

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know what you mean. It sounded brill today, took the extra long route home just to hear more.
I think I know why there isn't sounding proofing under the bonnet - because it sounds so good, definitely wouldn't add it!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Mbznut said:
It's definitely getting louder. I think it may be temperature related. It was 10° C today and sounded fantastic!
Either that or your right foot is getting heavier now shes done a few miles

·
Registered
373 Posts
going on holiday soon, then all being well about a 3 week wait when i return till she is ready ... then it'll be adios rental fiesta ecoboost, hola engineered!!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Yo tambien! Pero adios Corsa y hola engineered! My two weeks in the sun did me the world of good! Reza! Take your smartphone with you just incase you get withdrawal symptoms, missing the forum. I was glad I had mine!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Yours is due tomorrow isn't it? ....

I will have my smart phone and a few cervezas to keep me going
... maybe even a few senorita's too

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Lucky you! Yes 1p.m. tomorrow is the crunch time! I sat in it yesterday when I finalised everything. I hadn't heard the exhaust before, what a machine I have bought! Must go slow for a thousand mules though? Will try too! Cant promise! Lol! Where are you going? Reza.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Must have been lovely sitting inside and turning the engine for the first time!! Tomorrow 1pm is really not long to wait now. Im actually getting a little excited for you!!

Im off to Marbella. Been going there since I was 17 so a bit like a home from home. Unfortunately it has become a little commercial over the past years, but luckily we know the area well enough to eat/drink and generally holiday in the more authentic areas/places.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts