Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Guys so it looks like the A45 AMG is going to have the same seats of the AMG Sport / Engineered by AMG as standard ... and buckets will NOT be standard, they are likely to be a £2k option !

So my questions are ....

For those with the centre sections in cloth / microfibre - how do you find them (look & quality).

For those who upgraded to full leather- same question

For everyone - how comfortable are these seats in real world use (ie not just sat in them in a showroom or on a half hour demo) ... Interested to know if they are really comfortable and offer good adjustment.

For those with lumbar - does this make a genuine difference.

Many thanks for your comments

·
Registered
318 Posts
I find the cloth insert seats on my AMG Sport firm but comfortable (this is my preferred style). I have added lumbar support and although I am still playing with it after only 300 miles i do find that I prefer it on to some degree rather than off altogether. The seats are supportive and not at all uncomfy even when you hit the odd hole in the road. I find the backrest is taking a bit of adjustment backwards and forwards as the headrest is fixed and if you have the seat too upright it can feel as if it is pushing your head forward. However I love the seats and I just need to find the optimumposition.PS. I am paranoid about my seat position and dread the garage moving it when they've had it for a service. even if they haven't moved it I still start carrying out minor adjustments for ages after!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have just done over 400 miles this weekend in my engineered, with leather/fabric seats. They are firm and comfortable. My 70 year old mother did 200 miles with me yesterday and she thought the seats were comfortable and not too firm!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's very encouraging feedback thanks Guys.

The 'fixed' head rests were something that 'concerned' me but sounds like they are fine, after some fiddling with the seat back angle etc, which is the norm of course with any new car.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Fixed headrests worried me also, but they are actually very nice and not 'intrusive' to comfort at all.

I personally don't like leather seats but was concerned about having non-leather in a Merc. I have to say I'm delighted with the look and comfort of the 'standard' AMG Sport seats with the microfibre panels and glad I didn't go for leather.Edited by: mon2s

·
Registered
377 Posts
I've got the leather and very happy with them.. comfortable and lumbar support useful, also like the leather style fabric on the dash you get with the AMG pack.. only complaint is I wish they were a little more 'black'.. they are a shade of grey really to be fair - but no complaints about comfort or quality

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.