Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why do you call your cars engineered?

Mine is only an A200 AMG sport and I call mine AMG!

You guys and gals with A250 AMG's have more right then me to just call it and AMG ffs!

Just call it a **** AMG AMG lol

Please don't take offence....

·
Registered
41 Posts
do you know, I understand where you're coming from... it's a bloomin mouthful telling everyone I've just purchased the 'Engineered by AMG' A250... they fall asleep by the time I say the A of AMG.

Still, it's not a 'true' AMG, so only the people who have the A45 can truly say they own an AMG A class.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I never call my car AMG , because it isnt an AMG.

So al the AMG emblems on cars with an AMG Package is a big laugh imo.

You can only stick the AMG badge or call your car an AMG if you have an AMG engine.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Joesbuell! We call ours Engineered because in the UK that is the name, Engineered by AMG. In other countries it is called A250 Sport. Some countries may not have as many models as we have here! It helps with the confusion, at least it is supposed to!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hear where you are all coming from. But my car came from the factory AMG enhanced so to me its an entry level AMG.

Let me have my fantasy....as I may never afford a real one!

:D

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Joesbuell, I don't care about the name, I just think the A Class is a fantastic bit of kit! Each model has something to offer! I went for my model because I fell in love with the diamond grill and the red accents! Luuuuuurrrrrvvvvvely!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Well I call it engineered as that is the name of the car in UK. I would call it a250 but there is also a model called a250 which packs the same engine as the 'engineered' but not the kit or suspension dont want to call it Amg as people then get mistaken for it to be a true amg lol...ahhhh confusing it is!

Hence.... Engineered lol

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Engineered sounds stupid to me...

Americans call it gray we call grey we say tyre they say tire.

Mines a AMG equiped and enhanced A200 so its AMG to me :)

HSV in Australia have different levels of spec in there modified Holden cars and there not described as not a HSV only engineered Car because it doesn't have all the fruit.....

·
Registered
90 Posts
HSV is HSV. Aussies would never call their modifed Holden as HSV.

A250 Sport is just engineered by AMG. I love it because it is shining, quick, and overall impressive to me but not for it has a name with something AMG. I will only tell people I own an AMG proudly if I really own a true AMG.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Joes, i completely understand your notion. But as the crowd have spoken, ours is only engineered by AMG, as in the group assisted in the engineering of the car. But the car itself isn't the true representation of an AMG (no engine and was actually NOT designed to be the AMG).

IF however there was no AMG to be released, then yeah i would call the A250 an AMG.
but of course you can continue with your belief, no one stopping you from that mate

1 - 10 of 10 Posts