Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,779 Posts
The problem with the EQA is its quite low mileage on a charge which in reality in winter will not be much more than 200 miles. Generally this is okay for most in daily use but is a problem for those occasions where we need to do a longer trip and will need to spend time twiddling our thumbs at a charging point during the journey.

It's not yet a fully rounded proposition both for the vehicle and from the charging infrastructure point of view.

·
Super Moderator
5,779 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,779 Posts
My neighbours just turned up yesterday with an EQC 400 4-matic. It's on a 70 plate so I'll be interested to see if they have bought it or it's a weekend test drive.

·
Super Moderator
5,779 Posts
My neighbours just turned up yesterday with an EQC 400 4-matic. It's on a 70 plate so I'll be interested to see if they have bought it or it's a weekend test drive.
And sure enough it was a weekend test drive as their Volvo is now back on their drive and the EQC gone.

For such a new model, which encompasses the EQA MB seem to be trying hard to shift them. Which is never a good sign.

·
Super Moderator
5,779 Posts
I take your point entirely but looking at the WhatCar road test of the BMW iX3 and the i-Pace. Respectively stated 285 miles on test 192 miles, i-Pace stated 292 miles on test 211 miles. I suspect on this basis and especially in winter we are looking well south of 175 miles with the EQA. Which for me means a hold up at the Dartford Tunnel, which those who use it know happens all the time, and I would be getting sweaty palms about making the trip from Hertfordshire to West Sussex without running out of juice. Let alone back again without charging. I am sure MB are flying a kite with the EQA and the next iterations will be the ones to wait for.

Reactions: Marksummers

·
Super Moderator
5,779 Posts
While I know that is what EV drivers do but do the batteries not gain a memory much more quickly by charging little and often.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.