Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if the fact that my ESP button doesn't do anything is that the reason launch control won't work, and could it be gearbox software related? With all temperatures correct, left foot on brake and right foot banged to the floor, it reluctantly gets up to 2000 rpm. Can't get OK message on display and the launch falls flat and then picks up at normal sport+ acceleration. I've read through some of the other threads re ESP and launch but am no the wiser, anyone else had this and cured it?

·
Super Moderator
4,341 Posts
Your ESP button does nothing in normal driving?
When pressed briefly it should display Sport Mode
When pressed and held in for a few seconds, it should display ESP Off.

Re launch
Left foot on brake - hard
Right foot - it does have to be a very very sharp swift movement of the throttle - like you literally have to stamp/stab it down to the floor. A slower application will not activate launch.
Steering has to be pointing straight ahead.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi V8 unfortunately the ESP button is unresponsive with nothing appearing on the dash. I've done a few variations on the launch system and enlisted the help of a friend with an A45 who said 'this is how you do it' only it didn't. Nothing coming up on the dash to say it's not available. Looks like a visit to MB. Any thoughts, could it be software related, what's the latest designation for gearbox software?

·
Super Moderator
4,341 Posts
Sounds more like a fault with the ESP module or one of the sensors.
You’lll need someone (dealer) to plug in and read off the error codes.

No idea on latest gearbox software level.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I took my A35 in and this is what they did does this mean they updated the gearbox software V8?
Font Paper Paper product Terrestrial plant Document

·
Super Moderator
4,341 Posts
They first updated the software in the 4Matic ECU (controls the multi clutch diff)
then updated software in the ECU that controls the ESP, stability, AMG Dynamics, inside wheel braking etc.
From the report they didn't update the gearbox software.

Have you got ESP functionality (post #2) back as well as Race Start now?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes and I've got the car back after they 'sucked out ' the ding that appeared in the passenger door while they were updating the software!
Also I've moved my front tyres that are wearing on the inside to the back and got a wire through from the boot to the flap ready to pull through the wires for the ASR unit that should arrive next week. So all good at the moment.:)

·
Super Moderator
4,341 Posts
The factory wheel alignment sucks big time, even though these cars run more neg camber than your normal family sedan, the toe is often set incorrectly.

If you can find a reputable 4 wheel alignment place near you (that uses Hunter Hawkeye equipment) - get them to check it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bit off my original topic I know but with my non high tech set up gear I get 1.5mm toe out Front and a 'nats' in at the rear. Camber 2.25 degs Neg all round. Do you know how far off OEM that is V8?

·
Super Moderator
4,341 Posts
@sr3rad I haven't got the W177 A35 figures to hand, but in the linked post below, are the numbers for a standard W177. Your toe sounds excessive. Not sure it should be toe out either. Camber sounds excessive, but that could be your measuring?

@alexcannas Have you got the wheel alignment numbers for a W177 A35 from WIS please?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes could be me, simple track gauge but the Pace camber gauge shouldn't be to far out. Will have take it to the local Tyre place, he has Hawkeye. Thanks for advice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts